Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to add a little 110v to the Rubi. Picked up an 800 watt inverter, took it apart and rewired it. Haven't finished wiring up the inverter to power yet, but will complete that this week.
Here is the outcome.

G

·
0 Posts
I like that setup, what unit did you use as the power converter? Looks really professional.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
I used an 800 watt Coleman Inverter. Picked it up at Kragen Auto Parts for $59.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That is awesome... Do you have a detailed write up on that... I am wanting to do the same thing.. I really like where you put the plug ends.

Good job.

G

·
0 Posts
One more mod to add to my list of things that I want to put in the Rubi. Price isn't bad, but I already put my locker override switch there. Hmmm... Idea's are forming already.. Anyone smell smoke?

Ron

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mlshelton said:
That is a really great idea. Where O where did you get such a great idea?

maybe Here --- http://www.sheltonnet.com/jeep/inverter.html
That is exactly where I got the idea from. In fact I searched yesterday so I could post a link to your writeup (so I didn't have to do one :D )

Thanx,
Brian

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tigger said:
mlshelton said:
That is a really great idea. Where O where did you get such a great idea?

maybe Here --- http://www.sheltonnet.com/jeep/inverter.html
That is exactly where I got the idea from. In fact I searched yesterday so I could post a link to your writeup (so I didn't have to do one :D )

Thanx,
Brian
Thanks man. That's what it's there for.

Mark

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
That mod rocks - great use of space!

Anyone have any tips on how I can get
and Overdrive Off Switch from jeep and mount
it to do the following:

...disable door chime when doors are removed
...disable interior light when doors are removed
...disable clutch safety interlock

I'd love to rig this up so I have an "offroad"
switch in that empty space! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Ummmmmmm.......Just out of curiostiy why would you want a switch to do all that. Put the fuse into # 20 and by-pass the clutch and Pull Fuse #4 to disable the rest. I think that mod would be to much of a gamble when it comes to screwing around with the stock wiring.

Besides You have to close a fuse imput to by pass the clutch and you have to open a fuse imput to diconnect the door switch.. You would need a 3 phase switch to make this work and that would be too much work IMO for that.

JMO though.

G

·
0 Posts
Actually, a single switch to disable the door jamb switches and defeat the clutch is not difficult. Use a Double-Pole, Double-Throw (DPDT) switch would work just fine. The problem I see is that you are forced to do both functions at once, i.e., on a cold day, when you kept the doors, but defeated the clutch interlock you would still be disabling the door jamb switches. I might prefer separate switches, but set them up so that they are in the same position for off-road conditions.

Dan

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think it would be cool to have a whole bank of military safety switches for off road. Have one for door defeat, clutch defeat, locker defeat, etc.... And when you flip the last one and "wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" sound comes on like a jet engine starting up or something. Now that would be cool.

G

·
0 Posts
You could even add a couple switch's to turn on the flux capacitor, and the Ronco instant milkshake machine. Opps almost forgot the disco ball. :lol:

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
You could even add a couple switch's to turn on the flux capacitor, and the Ronco instant milkshake machine. Opps almost forgot the disco ball. :lol:

Ron

:lolbonk: :rofl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts