Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how to get the fascia off the middle part of the dashboard, the cover that surrounds the radio, heater controls, etc.? I would also like to know how to remove the console.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

·
Registered
478 Posts
At the very top of the dash board there is a piece of trim that runs right behind the wind sheild. Pry this piece out carfully. There are two phillips head screws you need to remove at the top of the heater bezel. Then pry the heater/stereo bezel off carfully.
To remove the center console. First remove the change cup at the very front by gently prying up on it, then remove your shifter boot or shifter indicator if its automatic by gently prying up on it. Find the now exposed screws and remove them. To remove the shift handle on automatics, gently tap up while firmly pulling up at the same time. On manuals you must remove the shift pattern button from the center of the knob and remove the nut underneath. Remove the cup holder rubber mats front and rear of the console and remove the screws that hold the console to the floor. Shift the t.case lever into 4L and man trans into 2nd and auto into Low gear. set the e.brake if you haven't already done so. It should pull straight up. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dan, To Take the center bezel off.
1. you need to remove the defroster vent cover (next to the windshield) with all the square holes in it. There are just clips that hold this piece in.

2. Remove the 2 philips screws on top of the center bezel. (they are under the defroster vent cover).

3. Remove the glovebox.

4. Gently pry outward on the bottom of the Center bezel, then middle then top until you can get your fingers in there to pull it off. I kind of do a left hand, right hand back and forth motion. The center piece is kind of a pain to first time, the clips are a bitch :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts