Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m about to remove my 42RLE transmission and replace it with a re-manufactured unit in my 2005 LJ. I have the Jeep up on the lift and have removed the exhaust system (for room and a y-pipe weld repair), belly pan and drive shafts. I have never done this before and welcome any advice from those who have completed this process themselves. What to do, what not to do, what makes the process easier, what did you learn, etc. I wanted to rent a telescoping transmission jack, but nobody near me rents them. Closest is about a three hour round trip. So, I’ll probably just purchase a cheap one since I’ll probably only use it once.

I’m also changing engine oil, filter, diff fluids, diff gaskets, transfer case fluid, brake fluid, front and rear brake pads, pins, boots, etc., turning all rotors, oil pan gasket, rear main seal, valve cover gasket, etc. I have quite a few codes, so I’ll also be inspecting and repairing multiple areas of the wire harness. And, most likely be obtaining a WranglerFix PCM.

View attachment 76275
my 03 requires computer reset to accommodate the new transmission

1 - 2 of 2 Posts