Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of installing a RE 5.5 LA kit. Just getting started and wanted to know where do you move the air compressors for the lockers when you install the new RE Skid plate.

Pictures and destructions please!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Fun stuff! I bet you get done months before I do though! I have tackled the compressors already, so here is what I did. I removed the bracket and disconnected the metal plate. Once you do that there really isn't much there. So I just reversed the pumps (turned them over so the mounting surface was facing up, not down). Made a cardboard template of hole locations and drilled some holes through the floor board. I reused the rubber mounting grommets from the original plate and reused them.

Here are the compressors:

And a shot from under the seat (seat has been removed) of the floorboard:

Nice thing is now the compressors are higher up and really out of the way.

I've also seen others weld on an extension to the belly tray.

Good luck and have fun!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are the man!!! :beercheers:

Thanks for th equick reply. I'm surprices RE hasn't addressed this issue. Oh well, I guess that's half the fun... trying to figure out how to customize this thing.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Man, you guys and you LA kits.....I just was able to afford the RE SF kit, I know I am going to upgrade to LA......I will not upgrade till next summer....I will not upgrade till next summer....LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts