Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear all the time save for a real lift but I truley feel a 2 inch lift will be about all I go up as that should be fine for 99% of the driving I do and if its not enough I plan to choose route real carefully.I hear the OME 2 inch lift is great from just about everyone but I cant justify the extra $400 just for coils as I'm pretty happy with the ride now ,If I like the 2 inches and its enough then I will get better shocks and maybe the coils down the road but for now the spacer lift seems the way to go .
I'm looking for opinons and where to get both = spacers and OME thanks Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Rubicon Express 2" spacer lift is a good deal. RTIs near 1000 with 31s and front sway bar disconnected, too. With the RE kit, you retain the great highway ride of the factory coils, you get a set of wonderful DT3000 shocks, and it's very easy to install. If you just want some height and would like to spend $200, get the RE kit.

Not to discount the OME kit (or something even bigger- I just installed the Tera3T kit), but if you're not sure of what the future will be for your Rubicon, this would be a safe bet. You could easily get $100 for the contents of the kit if you decide to sell it later and move up to something bigger.

G

·
0 Posts
They say the problem with spacers of the 2” size or bigger can cause increased spring wear. But since your putting them on your stock springs that might and probably will be changed in the future, so what! It cant hurt.

I have an OME with an added 1” of spacer upfront (removed stock spacer and replaced with 1.75” spacer). The spacer will not affect the spring rate but it will increase preload, in other words you should feel that the suspension is stiffer and the tires will bounce back from small road bumps. It is better to go with longer springs but if you don’t you still will need shock extensions or new shocks altogether. So if you plan to buy shocks try not to buy the shocks that come with most of the spacer kits (buy spacers/shocks separately) and spend money on a better grade of shock. Most of the ride comfort from the Old Man Emu system is the shocks, if you upgrade later you will only be out the cost of the spacers.

You have to remove the springs to replace the pads so make sure you replace the bump stops by about 1”. This will allow you to run 33”s if you chose. I didn’t replace mine and now I have to take mine back off at some point.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply I'm leaning towards OME where would the least costly place be to buy the kit ?

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
I.M.Rubicon said:
Thanks for the reply I'm leaning towards OME where would the least costly place be to buy the kit ?
Call Dirk at http://www.dpgoffroad.com. Or call him at 316-776-9900. Great prices and excellent service.

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts