Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey did anyone check out a new tom woods DS specificly made for the Rubi? Heres the link.

http://www.4xshaft.com/




Seems like hes come up with a solution for Rubi owners specificly. Anyone bought this specific kit?
Pete M
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
What is the price of the Tommy shaft?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LILRDJP said:
What is the price of the Tommy shaft?
No idea but if it is what it says..i probably will be picking one up by the end of the month.
Pete M
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,116 Posts
by GOLLY.. thats my TW shaft setup...

Jerry C has one also and Ellf and others..

for me cost was approx 359.00 including shipping.

and as for Tom Woods customer serv...that was Priceless!

:wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,745 Posts
Yup, that's my shaft too. Although I recall I paid $369 + shipping. Must be that New York surcharge.... :D

Jerry
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
petesjeeprubi said:
Hey did anyone check out a new tom woods DS specificly made for the Rubi? Heres the link.

http://www.4xshaft.com/




Seems like hes come up with a solution for Rubi owners specificly. Anyone bought this specific kit?
Pete M
Has Tom made a bumper sticker yet?

I want one that say's "My Jeep has a Woody!"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]

Has Tom made a bumper sticker yet?

I want one that say's "My Jeep has a Woody!"[/quote]


LOL my jeep has a woody..hahaha
Pete M
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,116 Posts
that is the complete package.....

drive shaft lenght will be a tad diff for every jeep...diff is Auto vs 5 spd.
dont rem offhand what mine was. its easy to measure after your lift is on...very easy to install.

:wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4x4mac said:
by GOLLY.. thats my TW shaft setup...

Jerry C has one also and Ellf and others..

for me cost was approx 359.00 including shipping.

and as for Tom Woods customer serv...that was Priceless!

:wink:
Wow, thats pretty cheap since I have spent twice that on my ARB and winch...lol
Pete M
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,745 Posts
Mike Holmes said:
what are the measure points? from where to where?
As I recall, the measurement was taken from the center of the rear u-joint to the face of the harmonic balancer. But don't rely on this. Call Tom Woods, and they will give you the correct points to measure.

Jerry
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,159 Posts
Their web page

http://www.4xshaft.com/

Has good diagrams to show you exactly where to measure.

that is the one I have and I can tell you, it was hit real hard last time I was out. I didnt even know it. I have a huge scrap on my left rear control arm and a knock on the part of the DS that is just in front of the axle

Held up great and it is still in balance.

Good stuff. you will get more than what you pay for.
Thumbs up from me Dave
back to Chainsaw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
I have this set-up and the sticker is on my frame rail just under the driver's seat. Nobody mentioned the best part - you can carry your stock 'shaft as a trail spare. :wink:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,116 Posts
elff said:
I don't think my stock one will reach anymore on mine.
:)
Elff
just think you paid for that shaft. ...make an art deco light out of it..
:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
4x4mac said:
elff said:
I don't think my stock one will reach anymore on mine.
:)
Elff
just think you paid for that shaft. ...make an art deco light out of it..
:wink:

LOL..... :D
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top