Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
10,778 Posts
I thought you had some (one?) 9mm handguns? I would love to have a 9mm SBR.

One of my local buddies is a reloader, I had a bunch of brass I was saving in case I ever wanted to get into reloading but I gave it all to him except for .357 Sig. Having to ability to do custom loads is great for precision shooters.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,002 Posts
Sweet, have about 10k I have to clean. I have been reloading for about 30 years. 9mm is one of the more difficult rounds to load because of the small case. I recommend a factory roll crimp to prevent bullet setback during clambering and kaboom...

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
…..I recommend a factory roll crimp to prevent bullet setback during clambering and kaboom...
Hmmm... these are my first 9mm. I bought the RCBS 3 die set with taper crimp and will be using Speer 124gr bullets without a cannelure.. I figured I'd seat them with a generous taper crimp just like my 45 ACP's...???

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,002 Posts
Take one and chamber it a bunch of times. 9mm has less friction area than a 45 but in a lot of cases is thrown into the chamber more violently because of higher slide velocity in a lot of cases.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There's a man with patience, single stage Rock Chucker. Great press, say, that reminds me, I have brass to tumble......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts