Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the 7 speakers? I count 2 in the pods, 2 in the dash and 1 in the sub. Where are the other 2? I figure the dash or pods are dual coned and they're calling it 2 more speakers?

Bob

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The ones in the pod are 2 way, not dual cone. really odd design, and they stink if not used with the sub. Really a hodge podge factory type design really.

I halped a guy change all his to infinity leaving the sub stock, the difference was amazing. Used 6.5"'s in the pods...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
WrathOfRubicon said:
The ones in the pod are 2 way, not dual cone. really odd design, and they stink if not used with the sub. Really a hodge podge factory type design really.

I halped a guy change all his to infinity leaving the sub stock, the difference was amazing. Used 6.5"'s in the pods...
HUH?????

There is one in each sound pod.5 1/4" mid..that make 2

There is a 4" mid and a 1" tweeter in the dash mounted to a 4x6 plate. that make 4

Then the sub....

Total 7

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooops I meant the ones not in the pods.. lol
Sorry....

the sub is in the center console...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The 7 speaker setup replaces the stock dash speakers with 2 two-ways ( 4inch speaker and 1 inch tweeter), adds the 6.5 center console sub and the 2 5-1/4" soundpod speakers. The stock soundpod speakers are not two-ways.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for clearing that up.. One of my more bonehead typos here for sure.. I hope it did not confuse him, or at least confuse him to bad...

That is a 6.5" Sub huh?? No wonder the 8" I put in mine (bought without any upgrade on the stereo) seems to kick so much better. Well that and I add'd a couple hundred watt amp too. :)

One other benefit, I have a nice s-dolby cassett deck on my home theater system and it has been gathering dust for a few years, at least this has given me a use for it.

I had forgot how fun party tapes can be, even though anybody with a CD-R can do the same thing now a days.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have a rockford 6 3/4 sub in mine with a 300W amp behind it and unfortunately I get too much buzz from the soundpod speakers I put in even with inline passive filters.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Jeep still in the new Mellinnium chose to make their stock stereo a cassett.... lol

Kind of nice when extreme 4x4'n though... lol

"Not like I ever listen to loud fierce fusion while wheeling or anything, no not me.."
Extremely sarcastic remark alert there....
lmao.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts