Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my unused spare 35" MT/R rotated on at about 2500 miles.
It feels a little funny, and the tire guy show'd me how different the size was from the used tires.

So in short on a 5 tire rotation with such agressive large tires, how are you guys handling your rotation intervals? And any other tips / ect you may want to offer would be great too!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm gonna rotate only the four on the floor, leave the spare. Then when they are time to replace them I'll buy three new ones and use my new spare. If you keep the spare covered and out of the sun it will still be like new when you go to use it later. I will take one of the old ones and remount that one as the spare.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In hind site, that is probably great advice...

I guess if I ever have to really use the spare, and I am in Utah and have to drive home to Denver, I will appreciate my stategy more than I am right now. lol

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm if i go to 37.5"'s as I expect my next set to be when these wear out. I think I will take that suggestion, that is a good idea.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is so logical.. Thanks, I had never even thought about that.

I will definetly do that on my next set as I plan on going to 37.5"'s when these wear out.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
If you do rotate in the spare, 2 things will help
1) put it on the rear axle so it doesnt add wobble to your steering
2) adjust the air pressure to try and make it the same height as the others

I only rotate the 4 on the ground. My spare is a beast and didnt balance well so that is why it became the spare

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to mess with the air pressure today with a tape measure.

I kind of got raked over the coals from Goodyear on the simple rotation anyways... This particular Goodyear has a bunch of out right jerks working there, they claim to be a factory owned and operated one too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts