Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: everyone i talked too said that i need a 4 inch lift to run 285 or 305 75 16 (rubicon express,teraflex,skyjacker,fulltraction,and verious four wheeldrive shops) But i see that alot of people are running a 2 inch spacer lift and a 1 inch body lift. could any one give me information on a complete 2 inch bb lift and also is a 1 inch body lift needed to clear the rubber

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You can go with a RE 2" BB and a JKS 1.25" BL. This will do the trick. Also you will want to get some Disconnects..

Cheers.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The thing is that a lift itself doesn't make the tires fit, it's where the upward travel of the tires is stopped in relation to the body. To fit 33s cleanly you need about 2" more room, and 4.5" lifts usually include 2" bump-stop extensions to fit the 33s.
Thing is that you can fit the 33s with any amount of lift (even none) IF you create that 2" of upward travel room. You could do this with just a 2" body lift or with 2" longer bump-stops, but the most effective way to do it is with a 1" body lift and 1" bump-stop extensions. Since many 2" BB lifts include 1" bump-stop extensions and you gain 1" of upward travel (2" lift minus 1" added bump-stop) it is a cheap and easy way to do it.
Doing a 3" lift instead of a 2" BB will give more upward travel and create a better balanced rig, but the increased performance off road is marginal compared to the increased cost.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. will this set up last til next spring? thats when i will be getting a 4.5 or 3.5 re lift.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got a warn hs9500i. kept it when i traded my yj in. also just got done modifing the warn bumper and winch plate. man was that a pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts