Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the discussions I had with a group at an open house over the weekend, at a buds shop, http://www.attitudeperformance.com (regularly has featured articles in 4 wheeler mag) was on my locker which has failed.

It's seems it would be best to remain locked in the rear while in 4 lo, the rear helical gear isn't as strong as the locker. The other issue we discussed with my locker failing is the stress applied to it when I twisted and snapped the rear pass. side shaft.

I'm hoping those of you running 35+ have replacement axle shafts on your list (exspecially if re-gearing) as I can say I don't beat my rig any harder than others on the same trail, yet I'm having some severe axle issues.

Some of you may be wise to this already, just wanted to share my experiences.

TJ

btw, matt builds them big, F350 one on 46" claw, one on 49" swampers

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Great point...

On another topic, those huge F250 trucks are really nice but maby you can anwser a question for me....I always wondered what they are used for besides driving around town?......they are too big to go on any OHV trail that I have ever been on. Are they just used to drive in open fields and competition? Educate me!!!!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
MANY of the ones by me go to open areas like the sand dunes here in Michigan. They are "parade" trucks though for the most part.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
petesjeeprubi said:
Great point...

On another topic, those huge F250 trucks are really nice but maby you can anwser a question for me....I always wondered what they are used for besides driving around town?......they are too big to go on any OHV trail that I have ever been on. Are they just used to drive in open fields and competition? Educate me!!!!
takes a whole different breed.

the guy that owns the tan ford won't even drive it, wants all the original nubs on the tires, he has a whole barn of lifted trucks, he's just a collector. many of the other trucks are considered DD for most and they attend truck shows and 4x4 jambos, which they drive too in packs. certainly not trail ready rigs, how ever matt in the chevy on the ramp (pic below) does have a stock rubi he uses november thru march and wheels them both on local trails :shock:

·
Registered
326 Posts
You see lots of full size rigs on 44s around here and through Alberta, just usually without the fancy paint.
They are used a bit for mud bogging in the summer, but mostly for snow bogging in the winter. Picture a flock of mid to full size rigs with big blocks and 44s blasting around in 10 feet of snow. They can spin their tires so fast they actually skim on the snow and then sink if they stop.
It's like an unending mud bog without the need to wash your rig afterward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts