Rubicon Owners Forum banner

4.5" to 3" lift change....lessons learned

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  '05TJLWBRUBY 
While I JUST recently did my front end work-had one bad bearing and a couple bad joints-it's the first in 5 years of wheeling, most of which was on the 255/85's (true 33's). I'm hard on my rig and the traction mentioned above with this size is one of the reasons I love them so much. Yeah, I bang/clang/drag bottom everywhere on my LJ and I don't have a strait bracket or piece of armor underneath the rig anymore, but hey, she still goes everywhere I want without issue.

I'm toying with the idea of reducing the carnage underneath and moving to 35's for TRAIL only use, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I don't feel comfortable going any bigger than that due to maintenance issues on the 44's. 33's are great, 35's are probably the limit in my mind and 37's on the Rubi 44's probably wouldn't last too long on my rig. Of course, the other alternative is going high-clearance with everything underneath. Now THAT I can work on in my spare time without too much out of pocket... :lildevil:

Speaking of the 255/85's-will have another set of Toyos ordered here real soon... :D

Best of Luck,

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.