Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new to the post, been reading for awhile though. I have a 03 rubi, 4.5" custom Nth degree mobility long arm lift, tube fenders, eight point roll cage, extended wheelbase 8", oba, custom bumpers, fiberglass flat fender hood, suspension seats and five point harness', 4.88 gears, tr beadlocks, rear quarter panel armor, ect...

sorry no pics yet as the work is still being finished, will post as soon as its done(2-3 more weeks)

my question is what do you think about running 37"s on it, am I asking for trouble. clearence isn't a problem just wondering about broken axles.

if you're wondering why all the mods, well i rolled it and it was cheaper to tube it out then to repair the damage so I have a rubi-buggy now.
thanx for any input.

G

·
0 Posts
Your pushing a D44 (especialy the Rubi 44) with the 37's.. But heck its a Jeep man, pushing it is what it is all about!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You will have very little problems with the rear axle but the front could be a problem if you drive hard. A hub conversion with true 44 outers would be the key to minimizing any problems.

I have a buddy on 37's with a 44 in the rear and 30 in the front.. No problems yet..

Hell rubi 44 stock tires or not you drive hard and you will break stuff.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Anything made by man for man is not gonna be strong enough. If you like to push your rig to the edge it'll tell you what is strong enough and what isn't. I know a guy with 38" boggers on a YJ with 30 front and 35 rear with lockers. The front has warn hub convertion and warn inners the rear is still stock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like a great build. As soon as you get it all bolted together, start
saving for a built V8. You are going to want one ... bad.

Bill

G

·
0 Posts
Since you've extended your wheelbase, why the hell not go for 37s?!

Without the extended wheelbase I'd tell you you're asking for a back flip on the rocks. But since you've stretched it eight inches, go for it.

The only other thing I'd consider is a set of CTM axle u-joints for the front.

And PA-LEEZE supply some photos of that thing soon! Dang!!!

:shock:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will post pics in about twp weeks, everything should be done by then. If you think the wait is bad try being me!!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Go for it, I'd like to the pic's than you get them. Remember it's a jeep push it to the limit. :evil:

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I would worry about the control arm mounts on the axle housing as well as the axles themselves.

If you beef both of those up, you should be good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts