Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
11,161 Posts
Aren't the rear brakes drum? It's been a few years since I pulled a rear axle so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

·
3,602 Posts
Aren't the rear brakes drum? It's been a few years since I pulled a rear axle so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
Rubicon's came with rear disk brakes. Not sure who can convert the bolt pattern. I've seen several TJs/LJs with 5.5 on 5, so there must be a source for the OEM axle.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Rear disc on the Rubi TJ 44's.

There may well be a conversion part out there. All I've ever seen anyone do is run adapters. But if you have new axles with the new bolt pattern, that won't work. I'd probably just drill out the factory rotors for the new pattern.

BTW... My Pintlers are 3.6" backspace, FWIW...

- DAA

·
Registered
417 Posts
So changing the lugs to 5x5.5 I need to get some new rotors for the rear. Does anyone have any idea what would fit stock calipers in the rear?
Mouse has/had 5 x 5.5 on his.
His rear is a D60 though, not sure if the rotors/calipers are stock size.

Either way he might have some input from his research.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'll contact him. All I found online so far is a teraflex kit that has 5.5 pattern but it is for their brake conversion. It may be that I'll have to redrill the rotors.

I went with Toyo AT3's. I really liked the previous set I had.

I really like my Pintlers too but it won't accept the new hub.

·
3,602 Posts
Mouse has/had 5 x 5.5 on his.
His rear is a D60 though, not sure if the rotors/calipers are stock size.

Either way he might have some input from his research.
I've always run 5.5 on 5 on my TJ, but it does not have OEM axle assemblies. The rear is a RJ60 (front PR60) with everything custom. I think I've seen a TJ that used a Warn conversion kit (to run locking hubs) on the OEM axles and converted to 5.5 on 5...but its been a while since I have seen something like that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Finally rolling again after 2 months on stands. The wheels balanced out great. The steering is nice and firm. The new brakes are broken in as instructed and are quite a nice change from the OEM. I still have to put the spare wheel together. I went with Toyo AT3s. I had a garage door company do maintenance on the door and in the process they adjusted the door to be able to fit the new height. It’s a pleasure to drive the Jeep again, but then again it’s always a pleasure to drive it. It’s been too long.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts