Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
In Reno it was 50 degrees, warm enough that I got out the power washer to clean up the Jeep today. Didn't take the Jeep out but here is a shot while walking the dog about a mile from my house.

Snow covered Peavine Mountain and last block of the Sierra Nevada Range on the edge of the Great Basin

·
Registered
962 Posts
Reno is on the western edge of the Great Basin although the Juniper/sage brush terrain looks like the pic above all the way over to Utah and to the south in New Mexico and Arizona.

So the pic above does have the southwest look, at least in parts.

Juniper/sage terrain in central Utah, Kodachrome Basin State Park,
2017 trip with our overland Jeep club

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I made some progress last weekend. Of note, if you ever want to run a body lift don’t get the poison spider rocker knockers. I’ll post later with how I had to modify the body lift to make it work. I’ll also have to modify my tire carrier to get it to work since it bolts to the frame and body.

So far the body lift and MML are in. Once the temps rise, I can paint the tummy tuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Message sent!

Reactions: mac

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I got the savvy UA in.

Savvy’s customer service is tops. One of the parts was manufactured out of spec. I’m currently making it work but will replace it with the better fitting part once it arrives.

I have a bit of engine vibration. I think it’s due to the hard rubber used for the trans mount. Maybe the t-case is contacting the tub.

Still need to relocate the locker pumps...

·
904 Posts
You're gonna have more felt engine vibration at idle with it due to the harder rubber bushings used in the cross member. If the T-case was contacting the body you'd hear the knocking. My jeep feels like a diesel at idle but once gas is applied the vibration is gone and it drives smooth.

The Jeep looks good too btw.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks. I’m going to try and loosen the trans mount bolts a touch and see if that relieves some of the vibrations.

Turns out my fan is now wedged in my fam shroud. Didn’t notice on the moving shake down runs.

·
904 Posts
Thanks. I’m going to try and loosen the trans mount bolts a touch and see if that relieves some of the vibrations.

Turns out my fan is now wedged in my fam shroud. Didn’t notice on the moving shake down runs.

I had this problem as well. I ended up cutting the bottom out of the ran shroud first time. Then when I replaced my water pump I ordered a mew fan shroud too and drilled new holes in it 1in offset to lower the shroud. This fixed the rubbing problem and looked better too. Cutting the bottom of the shroud did not have any impact on cooling performance.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I've been driving the Jeep now a few weeks now. I still have a seat of the pants minor vibration at speeds and it's RPM related not drive train related. It also seems like I can hear the clutch and transmission inside the cab even with the top and doors off. A little annoying but fine as long as nothing is wrong.

Ordering wheel spacers today. One step at a time...

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Wheel spacers are in!

·
Registered
39 Posts
What was the issue with the Poison Spider rocker guards and the body lift?

And now that you've had the Savvy tummy tuck on for a while, how do you like it? A body lift/tummy tuck are in my future plans but I haven't really started looking at the different tummy tuck options yet.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

And now that you've had the Savvy tummy tuck on for a while, how do you like it? A body lift/tummy tuck are in my future plans but I haven't really started looking at the different tummy tuck options yet.
Because the rockers wrap underneath the tub, there's no great way to run a body lift. i can take some better pictures and send them your way.

So far I'm not happy with the setup I have. I have another thread on the vibrations that I'm dealing with. I can't say that it's Savvy's fault...it may be the combination of parts that I'm running.

https://www.rubiconownersforum.com/forums/20-tj-drivetrain-horsepower/116374-savvy-under-armor-vibrations.html#post1366150

·
Registered
192 Posts

I don't remember having any issues with mine. The screw in the picture is for my removed steps it is removed when the steps are removed

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Which BL do you have?

Reactions: johncanfield
21 - 39 of 39 Posts