Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the consensus on using MTR 33x12.50x16 on the factory rims? I have seem some mention of this, but nothing convincing. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Billy T
'03 Rubicon

·
Administrator
15,127 Posts
Billy.....
thats a 305/70R/16 i had those on my factory Moab`s
now i changed rims..steel is so much better in my part of the world.

:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey..thanks for the reply... quite prompt of you. :)

Do you have any pictures of the factory moabs w/ the 33x12.50s? Did you use any sort of wheel spacer? I'm going to put a 3" BDS suspension on.. ... I think that will do as long as I don't get out of control w/ the flex.

Billy T
'03 Rubicon

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
As mac pointed out, if you are going with a 16 inch MT/R, the correct size designation is 305/70-R16. It is the metric equivalent of a 12.50.

Here's a shot of mine with the 305s on it before I installed my lift. You can get away with this on the street for a while, but you will rub on the inside of the fenders at full stuff without some kind of lift. I would not run off road like this, and certainly not with the front sway bar disconnected:

Wheel spacers are not necessary, but you will have to install a few washers on your steering stops to eliminate rubbing the inside of the tire on the lower control arms at full turn.

Jerry

·
Administrator
15,127 Posts
billytusc said:

Do you have any pictures of the factory moabs w/ the 33x12.50s? Did you use any sort of wheel spacer? I'm going to put a 3" BDS suspension on.. ... I think that will do as long as I don't get out of control w/ the flex.

Billy T
'03 Rubicon
local play area

·
Administrator
15,127 Posts
4x4mac said:
billytusc said:

Billy T
'03 Rubicon
local play area
i did use some small washers for the steering stop..
those tires fit purfect.. gives a good feel to the Rubi.
i just changed the rims due to rocks will eat up those Moab rims..
steel rims are "cheap" and can be fixed with a BFH

·
Administrator
15,127 Posts
JerryC said:
As mac pointed out, if you are going with a 16 inch MT/R, the correct size designation is 305/70-R16. It is the metric equivalent of a 12.50.

Here's a shot of mine with the 305s on it before I installed my lift. You can get away with this on the street for a while, but you will rub on the inside of the fenders at full stuff without some kind of lift. I would not run off road like this, and certainly not with the front sway bar disconnected:

Wheel spacers are not necessary, but you will have to install a few washers on your steering stops to eliminate rubbing the inside of the tire on the lower control arms at full turn.

Jerry
jerry.... my new rims would look sweet on your BLACK Rubi...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JerryC said:

Jerry

Ok.. next question.. :) (sorry..)

Where can you get the black wall (not raised white letters) MTR? I looked on tirerack.com, and they are priced at 175 per tire...

Thanks again... ;)

·
Administrator
15,127 Posts
billytusc said:
Ok.. next question.. :) (sorry..)

Where can you get the black wall (not raised white letters) MTR? I looked on tirerack.com, and they are priced at 175 per tire...

Thanks again... ;)
mine have raised white letters...thing is you have to crawl under the Rubi to see them... not sure but think mine were 190/tire if you can get them for 175.... DO IT!

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
I paid $965 for 5 from tirerack.com including shipping.

Jerry

·
Administrator
15,127 Posts
JerryC said:

Jerry
yea Jerry.....
i like your rims......

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
mac:

Glad you like them. You're right. Those black rims on your Rubi sure are manly...

Jerry :D

·
Administrator
15,127 Posts
JerryC said:
mac:

Glad you like them. You're right. Those black rims on your Rubi sure are manly...

Jerry :D
thanks Jerry.
even my oldest girl said she would not be caught ever driving it.
now i know how to keep my kids away from my Jeep...
they want MOM`s Expo now.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice PINK Jeep Mac. The black rims really match now. All you need is a rainbow sticker and it will be purdy...

Ron (currently worried about posting pictures.)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
4x4mac said:
JerryC said:

Jerry
yea Jerry.....
i like your rims......

MY EYES, MY EYES..... :x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts