Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 33" tires, on the Moab rims, cause problems on my stock ( unlifted ) Rubi?
TIA :?:

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
walc said:
Will 33" tires cause problems on my stock ( unlifted ) Rubi?
TIA :?:
I ran my 33s for a few weeks on the street before I started my lift. You will need a few washers on the the steering stops or the tires will rub the front LCAs on full turn. Large bumps while turning will result in rubbing on the upper fender. Don't disconnect the front way bar.

IIRC the formula to run 33s with the minimum investment is a 2 inch budget boost and a 1" BL. I don't know how this would behave with the front disco'd. Some of the other guys may be able to help with that answer.

Jerry

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i also ran 305`s for a few months..no problems
i did add a 1''BL and a few washers did not disco the front.

the 305/70R/16 is a load range "D" i have to say it improved the ride.

:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My brother is running 33's. There is a lip where the plastic flares mount to the metal fender. When disconnected your tires will push up on this lip and bend/bulge upward. Even the washer trick to make the stock bumpstops longer didn't work. We both ended up ordering longer after market bumpstops.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, you will be stuff'n at flex... Not as bad as most seem to think, but I had thinner 33's on, but they ran decent. I had the 255/85r16's on, and the rub wasn't bad even wheeling. They ran better with no lift than 35's ran with 3" of lift thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I also ran with 33s and no suspension or BL mods for a couple of weeks

Look at how cute it looks so low to the ground

1 - 9 of 9 Posts