Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me anything about the BDS or Black Diamond 3 inch lifts? Any info will be helpful.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
BDS from what I hear is not a good quality lift. But then again everyone had there likes and dislikes.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thats not what I had heard.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I too would like more info or input on the Black Diamond 3" kit.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
I have the BDS coils and they flex and ride very nice, though I'm not sure how much of the ride is due to the Rancho RS9000X shocks.

I do not have their kit, I pieced my system together from various manufacturers.

BDS has the best warranty of any suspension system, lifetime warranty no questions asked. http://www.bds-suspension.com/warranty.html

Since one of the main issues with any suspension system is spring sag, that is why I went with their springs, plus they were a great price :D .

Have a great day!

Ken

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm running the BDS, the ride and flex is fine but I am thinking of getting OME shocks, not overly happy with the BDS shocks. Over all I'm happy with the lift but I may change everything in the next little while.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Remember this is what I heard..I have a buddy that ran them and they sagged really bad after about a year but like I said everyone had there likes and dislikes. For springs I don't think anything can match RE..Shocks OME and from what I hear JKS makes some sweet CA's and TB's.

·
Registered
454 Posts
LILRDJP: Did your buddy have his system set up well? I have seen tons of people around here who complain about spring sag but when you look at their springs you realize that their bumpstops aren't set properly and they have been overcompressing thier springs. I can't comment on BDS specifically but when people talk about spring sag, that is what I think about.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
His set up was well done and his bumpstops were done correctly. I have never used BDS and this is what I have heard from experience. Springs do sag eventually I had a set of generation 1 RE that were 4.5" that were very well set up and they now sit at 3.5".

G

·
0 Posts
It does seem that ultra flex springs from anybody would eventually sag some, it would just be the nature of physics.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Hey Sean, did they contact BDS and did they stand by their no fine print warranty and replace them, no questions asked? I would hope so, that is the main reason I bought their springs. Thanks for checking,

Ken

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Ken White said:
Hey Sean, did they contact BDS and did they stand by their no fine print warranty and replace them, no questions asked? I would hope so, that is the main reason I bought their springs. Thanks for checking,

Ken
No...He actually went to RE..he wanted a bigger spring anyways so it was an upgrade. If they have a kick ass warrenty then use it to the fullest if you need to. Hell BDS's new stuff maybe better that a few years ago. Alot of people like them and I hope that you are happy with your selection too. It will be nice to hear your impressions when you get this up and running.

Cheers

Sean

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well, I dont have any imput on TJ springs, but YJ leafs are prone to sagging as well. I personally went through 2 sets of YJ leafs. If you look into it, a lot of RE leaf springs are having issues with sagging. Same with SkyJacker, as far covering them, I have heard that RE will cover them once, SkyJacker never wants to, and BDS is never a question-covered.

I even emailed all 3 of them when I was doing my YJ lift and Skyjacker actually told me that their leafs dont sag and if they do, its your fault. RE never responded, and BDS replyed that day and said, no fine print means no questions. Its covered. check the Q-tech board, lots of guys with imput on BDS and RE there. I agree, RE make what I think it the best TJ lift kits, but that is only becuase BDS does not ,make a ton of differnet TJ lift sizes. As well as getting into long arms.

I agree BDS shocks are not the most comforatable, they are made by Blistein. OME or DT are really desent. However, just for the warrenty, I would go BDS springs myself. I have been beyond happy with the company for my YJ lift.

IMHO

Damon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts