Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy the 3.5" RE SF kit. Question is will I need a new driveshaft. Any input appreciated.

AND Yes a new T/C skid.

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
I have the 4.5 superflex with sub'd 3.5 springs. I am still running the stock drive shaft. The working angle of my DS is 7 degrees that is 4 degrees above what DC says should be max. No vibes except on initial roll out, then smooth. If you have the cash go with a new DS especially if you do a new T-case skid.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
I have the RE 3.5 and had a small amount of vibration without the transfer case drop. With the drop installed there were no vibrations at all. I have since lifted the transfer case even beyond stock with a Medic skid and installed a Tom Woods DS. No vibrations at all.

G

·
0 Posts
I was curious about the same thing. Now that I know you should get a new CV drive shaft even with a 3.5" lift I'm thinking about getting the RE 5.5.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Eliminating vibration is obviously a very important part of getting a new Driveshaft but dont forget that the length is also very important.
When flexing, you want to make sure your driveshaft can slide far enough without coming apart.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Let me add to this Question, Im looking at the RE super Flex as well...

But I will have a 1" BL and 1" More Motor Lift on by Next weekend, How will that effect the RE 3.5 Kit?

Need to know so I can budget what I will need vs Want.

Thanks
Dae

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Body and Motor mount lifts are independant of suspension lifts so they will not effect your RE kit at all.

The MML will work in conjuntion with the BL tho and not require you to relocated the fan shroud [Altho you should unbolt it while working on both of these]

G

·
0 Posts
Dave, I have both of those already installed before I did my RE kit, so no real effect on the installation of the kit. It did help with the rear drive line angles.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
I have all that (RE 3.5", 1" BL & MML) but also adjustable uppers AND lowers. I am running the stock DS also.

I lifted my jeep and then took it to the dealership for a 'All four wheel' alignment.

No vibes at all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
How in the heck did you all keep your xfer case shift linkage together. After my RE 3.5 install and 33" tires the tub mounted xfer case bracket looked like it would pop the linkage pretty easy. I was nervous about that...and it had a bit of a rattle. So when I did the lift I also did the skyjacker xfer case relo bracket.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i have a terra 1'' BL and they provide a good relocation bracket
:wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts