Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the coming installation of a Tera 3"kit I was wondering if anyone has taken their 2" budget boost and cut them in half to have the 3/4 spacers. I would like to add them in so when I get the winch and heavier bumpers I wont have to take apart my susp and possibly have to order a new driveshaft. I was wondering if anyone has actually done this or would/could reccomend how to do it best, other than a sharp a$$ knife and some pressure. tera will not warranty the lift kit if you use a spacer larger than 3/4" so I will either have to buy new ones or hack the ones I have. In addition, If I were to put in the lift then order a Driveshaft wont the measurements change as it settles? Thus requiring a spacer to lift it back to the original lift height??? Thaks for all the help guys and gals!

·
Registered
147 Posts
:::beating head on table::: Damnit it dig get outta there. I swear :::cursing::: you have telepathic powers. I was going to ask the same ques. Myself I'm going to cut and use the bottom part of my spacers because it already has the rib there and would be easier throwing it on the lathe and making the groove on the top side of the spacers. As far as the lift, I know I don't have one yet but it'll settle and for me I'm going to get my shaft same time as lift Cuz I can get it complete kit IF i go RE.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
::: THeme to Twilight Zone::: "Rubicon it....send me big tires and new bumpers.........and a winch.............and I'll get out of your head.........." :::end theme song:::

LOL

DO you have the power? What number am I thinking of? hehehe

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wait on that one.... I think that's a wet dream your havin and I don't have anything to do with that one...... LOL

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I cut some to the size I needed for the front of our XJ. I used a band saw. You could use a hack saw and do it by hand but you won't get a very even cut.

After cutting them with the bandsaw, I used a utility knife to cut the inside bevel to match. A lot of work, I would just buy new spacers in advance if I was going to need them again.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I havent priced the 3/4 spacers but it would seem better to sell your BB spacers and buy some 3/4 spacers.. I would think you would still have some cash to boot after the transaction... Just my .02 worth!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts