Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I rub with 285/75-16 and OME HD 2" + 3/4" coil spacers? No disco at all.
Any vibrations with that setup? Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jeeprocking said:
I have that setup. It did rub but a couple of washers fixed it. I didn't have vibes until I tucked the tummy.
Where did you rub ? Did you add the washers to the steering thing...?

G

·
0 Posts
I am running this set up and am happy with it. The 285's stuff nicely in the flares. There is a little rubbing on the LCA's at full turn, but I expect the washer trick to fix it. Here's a pic of the setup flexed, note the rear tire fitting nicely into the flare.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got same set up, more or less, no vibs, Of course you need to keep the tires balanced too. I will be adding a BL and that will help, but the rubbing is minimal.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, but OME HD 2" that zeiter is referring to, thats really the 2.5" but just happens to only give you about 2 inches? Or do they make a 2" lift also?

G

·
0 Posts
That does refer to the OME 2.5" kit. Mine gave me almost 3" when installed and settled to 2.5" even with the winch.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wow,
Your the first person that I've heard of that actually got more than the 2.5". I had been thinking about just getting the bl at the same time, but if there's a chance that I may get over 2 inches from the lift, I may just hold off and see where I stand after the lift install.

G

·
0 Posts
Most people report getting about 2" and maybe a touch more. I don't know why mine settled at 2.5", but it did. Good luck with yours!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've heard that 2" come up before also. In fact, when I priced it at 4wd parts store the other day, they said front was 2" and back was 2.5. But if you go to pretty much any of the online sites, like dpg, or jeepersandcreepers, they call it a 2.5. Dunno why there is a discrepancy, maybe because you typically only get about 2 inches out of it, but I'm pretty sure its supposed to be 2.5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts