Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this idea while browsing the local Home Depot....
I picked up a Black ABS PVC Coupling for 25¢, drilled two 1/4" holes thru it on the same side about 1 1/2" apart, stuck a black zip tie thru it and voila!

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Awsome IDEA!!!!!
ive got the same Mag lite ....color wise
mine is an orig..got it in 1976 still works...few bulbs n batterys
:wink:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Maglite makes a wicked flashlight....I have had the rechargable one for 15 years and use it many times each week.....Same bulb for all that time!!!

G

·
0 Posts
My Mags been around for only 12 years. Been through 3 wars and a few conflicts. It's on it's second head after the first was destroyed in a cave, it also arrested my 20foot fall through an intake. I like it, still going strong. Though I do need to steal the cone out of my wifes.

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That is a great Idea....Then mine could stop rolling around under the seat....Personally I am a Surefire guy but I always have a mag.. :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Cool idea! I would add something to hold the flashlight in. If you rolled that thing could go boucing off someones head....ouch...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sweet idea, and a hell of a lot cheaper than the holders!

Adam

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LimeRubi said:
Cool idea! I would add something to hold the flashlight in. If you rolled that thing could go boucing off someones head....ouch...

That's why it's mounted on the Passenger side!
:atabove:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
RubiMon said:
LimeRubi said:

That's why it's mounted on the Passenger side!
:atabove:
:lolbonk:
might wana rethink pass side mount...if you roll wont that
pop out and hit you first?

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4x4mac said:
might wana rethink pass side mount...if you roll wont that
pop out and hit you first?

If I roll it, I'll deserve a good smack in the head!

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
RubiMon said:
If I roll it, I'll deserve a good smack in the head!

good
Anti- Roll device also serves as a Mag light holder!
:beercheers:

G

·
0 Posts
mag light falling out solution

I think the solution to the light falling out of the holder could be solved by wrapping a large rubber band around the light below the holder, making sure it is thick enough to not pass through the tube. Slide the bands off and removing the light should be easy enought no?

later,

eek

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ken said:
Ok, so mine is a $4 flashlight holder..

Visited Home Depot

this is what i came up with
Looks good! But thats the spot I keep the spare qts of oil! LOL
May I suggest moving it to the driver's side? 2 things come to mind,
1) easy to get at in any emergency (wheeling or self defense)

2) the wife can't grab it and beat you with it when she finds out how much you are spending on the Rubi behind her back. :lolbonk:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
RubiMon said:
Ken said:
Ok, so mine is a $4 flashlight holder..

2) the wife can't grab it and beat you with it when she finds out how much you are spending on the Rubi behind her back. :lolbonk:
:rofl:

just wait till your wife reads.....your postings!

we will need pics!

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
4x4mac said:
just wait till your wife reads.....your postings!

we will need pics!
Why do you think I don't wanna know how much I spent? That way I can look her square in the eye and say "I don't know, but it isn't too much Baby!" Then hand her $100 and tell her to go to the mall and buy herself something nice... and while she's gone, order more stuff! Bwahahahahahaha :evilbat:

·
Registered
402 Posts
RubiMon said:
May I suggest moving it to the driver's side? 2 things come to mind,
1) easy to get at in any emergency (wheeling or self defense)

Already filled up the drivers side

And after ONE trip off pavement, the wife has decided that it is something I can do by myslef.

I don't really need to carry any spare fluids, still under warranty with emergency roadside assistance.. so DC will fix everything for me! :roll: [/sarcasm]

Where am I going to put everything?!?!? Guess the kids seats may need to go, along with the rear seat!

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ken said:
RubiMon said:
Where am I going to put everything?!?!? Guess the kids seats may need to go, along with the rear seat!
I suggest selling the children to help pay for more Mods, then the rearseat issue becomes non existant.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts