Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching the answer for this and since I couldn't find it I'm sure it's because it's way under this forums' experience level:) Is the brake control knob not included with this? Is that still an additional option on top of the additional tow package option? I have a message into the dealer but I wanted to get a few 2nd and 3rd opinions before talking with dealer.
Thanks!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Brake controller is not part of the tow package. You can add it when building or get the dealer to install it.

Reactions: mac

·
1,871 Posts
Welcome for sure! Your dealer experience was your initiation 😁

Reactions: mac

·
Administrator
15,155 Posts
I tried searching the answer for this and since I couldn't find it I'm sure it's because it's way under this forums' experience level:) Is the brake control knob not included with this? Is that still an additional option on top of the additional tow package option? I have a message into the dealer but I wanted to get a few 2nd and 3rd opinions before talking with dealer.
Thanks!
JEEP <----- Just Empty Every Pocket
i have the 2020 and brake controller was not included ....word was the factory may add it someday
your Dealer should be able to add one for you

Welcome to ROF

·
1,871 Posts
Welcome to ROF Dave. How the heck did you restrain from posting for 13 years? I need to be honest, as a truck driver for 37 years, and having given a deposition, a lawyer is going to severely attack the reliability of the connection from driver, to phone, to brakes. Then he’s going to zero in on the driver‘s divided attention between troubleshooting and controlling the vehicle. I read the site’s answers to their product’s disconnects or failures. They don’t address the confusion delaying the braking reaction of the driver. I’ll stop now. Pun intended.

·
Administrator
11,319 Posts
I had an SMI Stay n' Play wireless brake controller for the motorhome that controlled brakes in the Jeep Liberty we used to tow. No driver intervention was required but it was a bit involved to install it in the coach and vehicle. Worked very, very well.

·
1,871 Posts
I might be too Chicken Little 😁
Let’s say you’re about to do a long descent. At the summit your phone Bluetooth cuts out or your phone dies, but that’s ok because your brake controller reverts to its last setting. You descend anyway, but would have changed it if you could have. Part way down the descent you get involved in an accident and someone is killed.

Would your liability be enhanced? I’m trying to learn. It could be I just don’t understand brake controllers.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,153 Posts
No question is wrong here nor is flamming allowed, we all were once new jeep people and learned from others, one dsy you will be helping others.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
1,871 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts