Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, First post and most likely not the first time it has been posted.
I am about to replace my tires from 33's to 35's, all terrains. I am planning on a 2" lift and I know it is not a necessity, but before I do I am just checking for feedback, suggestions, or comments on the good/bad/ugly of it. Sorry to beat the dead horse on the topic, but thanks for comments.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Greetings, First post and most likely not the first time it has been posted.
I am about to replace my tires from 33's to 35's, all terrains. I am planning on a 2" lift and I know it is not a necessity, but before I do I am just checking for feedback, suggestions, or comments on the good/bad/ugly of it. Sorry to beat the dead horse on the topic, but thanks for comments.
I'm not a JL guy but my understanding is that you can run a 35" on a JL Rubicon without lift. Since my preference is "the lower the better", I would give it a shot before lifting.
It's likely you'll need to address wheel backspacing with either new wheels or a spacer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not a JL guy but my understanding is that you can run a 35" on a JL Rubicon without lift. Since my preference is "the lower the better", I would give it a shot before lifting.
It's likely you'll need to address wheel backspacing with either new wheels or a spacer.
Totally makes sense, appreciate the feedback

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
Lots of people run 35s on JL Rubicon's and JT Rubicons without any issues.
For the street there will be zero issues
Off road, it will stuff quicker, but actually still be 90-95% ok

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lots of people run 35s on JL Rubicon's and JT Rubicons without any issues.
For the street there will be zero issues
Off road, it will stuff quicker, but actually still be 90-95% ok
That is what I have found researching, the street will be no issue and as long as its not too crazy off road/beach should be the same. Any perks to the lift? or just a matter of what you like?

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
We ran my Wifes JLU on 315s, bone stock, stock wheels, stock everything. Disconnected, crawling around Moab, it never rubbed. It got hung up on it's belly a few times though. So it's got an AEV 2.5" lift on it now. Still 315's on stock wheels. Wheels noticeably better with the lift even with the same size tires.

Lots of room to fit 37's when the 315's are worn out. I think the stock wheels are a bit narrow for 37's though, so I'll get some new wheels for them. Probably what she's getting for Christmas, lol!

- DAA

Reactions: Mouse

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We ran my Wifes JLU on 315s, bone stock, stock wheels, stock everything. Disconnected, crawling around Moab, it never rubbed. It got hung up on it's belly a few times though. So it's got an AEV 2.5" lift on it now. Still 315's on stock wheels. Wheels noticeably better with the lift even with the same size tires. Lots of room to fit 37's when the 315's are worn out. I think the stock wheels are a bit narrow for 37's though, so I'll get some new wheels for them. Probably what she's getting for Christmas, l
We ran my Wifes JLU on 315s, bone stock, stock wheels, stock everything. Disconnected, crawling around Moab, it never rubbed. It got hung up on it's belly a few times though. So it's got an AEV 2.5" lift on it now. Still 315's on stock wheels. Wheels noticeably better with the lift even with the same size tires. Lots of room to fit 37's when the 315's are worn out. I think the stock wheels are a bit narrow for 37's though, so I'll get some new wheels for them. Probably what she's getting for Christmas, lol! - DAA Great Help, thanks. Going to just go step by step, 35's, lift, 37's...no rush, just enjoy. ol! - DAA

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
If you eventually want 37s start building now for them.
it will save you a bunch of money.
id suggest Clayton kits for that.
they have been around since the TJR days and built solid and geometric correct lifts

Reactions: Mouse

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings, First post and most likely not the first time it has been posted. I am about to replace my tires from 33's to 35's, all terrains. I am planning on a 2" lift and I know it is not a necessity, but before I do I am just checking for feedback, suggestions, or comments on the good/bad/ugly of it. Sorry to beat the dead horse on the topic, but thanks for comments. I had 2" installed on my 22 Rubicon, with 35" and love it. Rides great and love the way it looks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts