Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Gladiator Rubi today I placed an order ...there was a Sliver one on the lot - fully loaded
I didn't want Silver ...lol

Ordered Stone White ( ya it`s my 4th White Jeep ) best color for the desert
2020 Rubicon Gladiator .jpeg

2020 Jeep Gladiator.jpg

by placing an order for a White Rubi with the factory .... it will arrive in 4 to 6 weeks
:wink2:

·
904 Posts
Starting to see them on the road almost every day now. Lot of them rolling on 37s. They look real good on 37s.

- DAA
I miss the days when 33s were the standard size tire and 35s were considered big. Now it seems 35s/37s are standard size tires and 40s are considered big.

Grats on the new Jeep. I am interested in how much cabin noise there is with the removable top.

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starting to see them on the road almost every day now. Lot of them rolling on 37s. They look real good on 37s.

- DAA
There's many here in Vegas
I was told 35" are fine no upgrades no lift

Agree.. saw one with 37"
it's a beast ...
I'll probably run 35" soon

I'm going to be researching a larger fuel tank or add on tank
For me it's distance priorities first :wink2:

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I miss the days when 33s were the standard size tire and 35s were considered big. Now it seems 35s/37s are standard size tires and 40s are considered big.

Grats on the new Jeep. I am interested in how much cabin noise there is with the removable top.
Should be fine- Factory Freedom Top
the same type on a JK ...
Remove part or All of it.
Hardtop soundproof panels ordered

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats

I turned down ordering the launch edition, hope I don’t regret it
i know someone who did order... Granite color
problem is that color is on hold until second week of July - then they have to build - it may be Aug or Sept before they see it

i copied the website of Launch Options...said Rubicon Truck use this list to build
supposedly i will get mine in 4 weeks

Got my VON# this morning .. "Vehicle Order Number" it`s a confirmed sale
next is the VIN# then build n delivery
I was told they are pushing Black - Red - White to the front of the line

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
There's many here in Vegas
I was told 35" are fine no upgrades no lift
I'm sure that will be fine. We're running 35's on my Wife's JLUR bone stock, no problem.

Guy on our local board is reporting that a 37 fits the factory spare location under the bed on the JT :grin2:.

I expect to end up with a JT too, eventually, but not for at least a few more years yet.

- DAA

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Now it seems 35s/37s are standard size tires and 40s are considered big.
Sorta does seem that way. But making 39s or 40s actually functional, is big time e$pen$ive. Factory axles just have to go, period. Just for starters.

Even 37s, and I say "even" kind of tongue in cheek, because I consider 37s too much for my TJ Rubi axles, but making them actually functional on a Jeep, goes way beyond just bolting on a lift and the tires. But I see lots and lots and lots of JKUs on 37s around here that are in no way setup to actually wheel those big tires reliably. The proverbial mall crawlers. But, I also see a lot of JKU's on 39s and 40s sporting custom tons that are bad to the bone. But man, did they cost a pretty penny to build.

One of the things I'm most interested to see play out with the JL and JT, is how the "new" D44's hold up in real use with 37s. Likewise the 8 speed and 4.10s. If it turns out, that you really can just do a mild 2.5" lift and make them live on 37s, then most definitely, 37s will have become the new 33. I'm not so sure about that just yet though :smile2:.

- DAA

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sure that will be fine. We're running 35's on my Wife's JLUR bone stock, no problem.

Guy on our local board is reporting that a 37 fits the factory spare location under the bed on the JT :grin2:.

I expect to end up with a JT too, eventually, but not for at least a few more years yet.

- DAA
I wasn't in a hurry to get this..
however the pice from the Factory with only $750.00 DEALER PREP + $300.00 fee
the $$$$$$$$$$ for a trade in "confiremd set in stone" value on my 6.5 year old 31,000 mi 2013 JK -
made me jump in.

I strongly suggest anyone think`n of buying one...
Order it from the Factory - ( dealers are not willing to deal - they think they have gold )

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't wait to see the pictures. If I fit better, I would get one....
I've wanted one for years...
34239AC3-8FBE-420F-BE4A-6D047FD2B4C0.jpeg
Saw this in 2017
Have seen then cruising around Vegas

Go sit in one .. dealers have them :wink2:

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats Mac! Wow, another new Jeep! Imagine that!

I'd be real tempted to slap in the latest generation LS...
:grin2:
Thanks!!
i remember you saw the 2013 first... LOL

i always was tempted...when i had the 2008.. motor was horrible

the 2013 plenty of power - new truck has the same and now 8spd trans
( same as my 2019 Grand Cherokee ...ya bought that in Jan10th..lol )

important to me if find the best way to add more fuel
2nd...could be Airock or other things that I might want.

·
904 Posts
I am waiting for someone to come out with a Gladiator kit to replace the front clip and fenders to make it look like the original J10/J20 Jeeps. Then maybe I'll consider one. That was my biggest disappointment in the new jeep truck. The front looking just like the JL's. I understand why Jeep did it that way but I was really hoping for something to set it apart from the Wrangler other than a bed.

Mac I look forward to seeing pictures of it when you get it. Do you have any build plans for it or leaving it stock?

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am waiting for someone to come out with a Gladiator kit to replace the front clip and fenders to make it look like the original J10/J20 Jeeps. Then maybe I'll consider one. That was my biggest disappointment in the new jeep truck. The front looking just like the JL's. I understand why Jeep did it that way but I was really hoping for something to set it apart from the Wrangler other than a bed.

Mac I look forward to seeing pictures of it when you get it. Do you have any build plans for it or leaving it stock?
Ty...

i`m toy`n with the idea of suspension ...miss the Airock system i had
not sure how involved it will be on the truck.

i purposely left my 2013 Jk stock ...
it`s prefect for the trips to the desert or Lake Mead

i gotta see if i like the new 33" tires that will be on the truck
i sure like the Nittos i put on the JK

i`m going to add a 12V plug in the bed for my ridge ...using the 115 V plug is stupid to run my fridge as it runs fine on 12V
maybe some off road light bar ..the dash has 4 Aux spots that are ready for plug and play anything 12V

not going to add a winch...i have a super tow rope and don't want to carry the extra weight up front.

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Call Genright offer them your truck to develop a new tank, may get a very good deal out of it.
i had one of the first tanks ...for the 2003
cost an arm n leg

i had one of the first Troy`s by toys gas tank skids
that was solid ...many others copied it

1 - 20 of 46 Posts