Rubicon Owners Forum banner

2010 Panamint Valley Pics

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  maedel 
#1 ·
Here are some photos from Panamint Valley. It was a fun trip. I made it up this waterfall last year with 35's and flopped over this year on my 37's. I almost had it but then I smashed my mirror. It was perfect weather and a great event. Petersons's 4 wheel drive mag is going to feature our run in the March issue.

See less See more
#3 ·
Phillip said:
Sounds like a good run! How far is this from Johnson Valley?
Maybe two hours or less. Really nice there.

#5 ·
murphy said:
cool pic Kevin, no pics of the flop?
I have one right before I flopped but it doesn't show me laying on the wall. I hope Kevin from 4 wheel Mag. puts one in the mag so I can see it. I went right up last year
and a guy with 40's flopped over after me so you never know. You should try to join me next year. Maybe we can get out again soon. I added a few pics from the mine shafts.

#6 ·
That v-notch has had more than a few victims over the years. When I drive it, I place the passenger front tire, way up on the wall before bringing the rest of the jeep around. I haven't had any issues with this method. My avatar is that obstacle a couple of years ago...

#8 ·
Mouse said:
That v-notch has had more than a few victims over the years. When I drive it, I place the passenger front tire, way up on the wall before bringing the rest of the jeep around. I haven't had any issues with this method. My avatar is that obstacle a couple of years ago...
I went up that v notch fine on Isham. This was the zero waterfall on Cummins cut off. I also have had success each year on Isham with that method. Here is pic from me on Isham this year and no flop there at least!

#11 ·
sizemic1 said:
kidmugg said:
Great pics... sorry about the flop... goes to show that bigger tires do not always mean more success....
Quoted for truth! :laugh:
I agree sometimes picking the right line makes all the difference. I was about 6 inches too far to the right this time and flop! The rubicon trail was little easier with my 37's this time though.

#12 ·
I'm all for a ratio of larger tires and LCOG.... sizemic1 will make you look bad with his 33s sometimes (speaking from experience :laugh:)... my bigger tires do make for a smoother ride. When my father-in-law follows me on his 33s, I'm gliding over cracks and holes and he tells me he feels them all and his jeep is banging up the trail... he's going to 35s to keep up more comfortably! hehe :wink:

#13 ·
Oh yea, been there! Nice shots and of the wild burro!
I have the same picture across the valley, from the same spot.
I'll be down there again next month with my club...
:D

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.