Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dealer told me warranty would cover me up to 2.5 inches of lift.... anyone had an experience with 3 inches?

they didnt mention tire size.... any idea if I will be ok rolling up with 35's?

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
The best advice I can give you is to keep a good relationship with the dealer you purchased the Jeep from. Talk to the service manager, get to know him and the service writer(s). When I bought my Rubicon in 2003 they gave a 100,000 mile oil change. It is still a good deal even though I only have 50,000 miles on the Jeep, they see it every 3,000 miles.

I asked about all the modifications I did with the service manager, just to see how he felt. The dealer was already selling TJ's with 4" Skyjacker lifts so they were pretty easy to work with.

Ultimately it will be with Chrysler as to what they'll waranty if it is a major drivetrain failure.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That's kind of a vague statement by the dealer. They can't for example refuse warranty on your radio just because you have a lift.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is a tough one. A friend of mine 07 4 dr had 2 inch lift with 33's and dealer refused to replace leaking steering box. Dealer said it was due to the added strain from lift. Worst part once a dealer does that you are now flagged in the computer and warranty is void. Don't know how it is now with new ownership. Interestingly, just came from sema and they had a display with their long arm lift kits and they are even going to be selling portal boxes for your jeep....so maybe things have changed. Also, a few years back I had this talk with a Jeep dealer in Florida (who did lifts) and he said the customer would have to bring it back to his dealership, so I asked what if you were on vacation and he said you would have to bring it back to him otherwise it was up to the dealership and once a dealer flagged it he could no longer do work on it and get paid by Jeep. Keep in mind this was before Fiat took over.

Good luck,
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts