Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my radiator on my 2006 Rubicon has started to leak. The OEM PN is 55037653AC which is around $330.
Has anyone used an aftermarket radiator which is equal to or better than OEM one? If so, can you please let me know the PN.

·
Registered
217 Posts
There have been many radiator discussions over the years and most agree that OEM is the best. Some aftermarket have been known to leak within a year or so. If you can't get the OEM soon enough then I'd try something from Napa, not Autozone, but that's just my opinion.

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
Do yourself a huge favor and replace with a genuine Mopar radiator. If you don't believe me, search for my many threads about my radiator adventures.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey, I bought a Mishimoto back in ah.... 2014? It developed a leak. I contacted them and they asked a bunch of questions, got pics and sent me a new one with slightly different mounting points. I believe the original design put some twist into the rad and the new one didn't. I've been running it since with no issues. I was impressed with how they handled the situation. Just my experience.

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
In my previous Rubi I installed a Mishimoto transmission cooler (and a radiator), unfortunately its fittings were Metric - 10mm I think. I finally found a Metric conversion fitting.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,332 Posts
Go OEM for both radiator and fluid. Don't go cheap on the fluid, it makes a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts