Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the JKS budget engine lift and the JKS body lift many yrs ago. after I did the jks stuff, I later installed the CV rear driveshaft from Tom Woods. I am questioning if I need to remove the engine lift, now that I have a CV drive shaft.

Scott

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
No reason to remove the MML and increase rear driveshaft angle, that I can think of?

If you've replaced a non-CV with a CV, you do need to adjust pinion angle accordingly. Non-CV, equal and opposite of output, CV pointing right at output or a degree lower.

- DAA

·
Registered
79 Posts
X2 on puttting the pinion angle a degree or two lower. It raises under load.

If ir still has a problem, disconnect at the transfer case end, rotate it 180 degrees and reconnect.

That fixed mine..and Im lifted with a Tom Woods shaft also.

Actually...in the fsm it says to mark the stock shaft when you remove it so it goes back in the same way.

Last ditch is to pull the shaft, put it in 4wd and run it on the front. If the issue goes away...u know its with the rear shaft.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will re-check the rear pinion angle. I did the rear DS swap a few years ago. it does not cause any death wobble or other handling issues.
I have not thought about rotating the rear DS as the xfer case attachment. I never marked the original when it came out (original rear DS sitting in corner of garage still) :giggle:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts