Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not something I planned on doing so soon, but life choices make this the best option for Rubi.

Looking to get $28.5k if a ROF member is going to buy her.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Motor vehicle Car seat cover Hood Vehicle Car

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Automotive parking light

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
That is a well set up and maintained jeep. Sorry to see you need to part with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
BUMP. I'm dropping the price to $27K OBO. I'm in the process of buying a house and need to free up some extra cash quick. I'll entertain reasonable offers.

I can be reached at 214-7 two 6-6 two 78.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
She is a Beauty !!

Reactions: Mouse

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Final price drop. :(

$22,500 OBO

If Rubi doesn't sell in the next few weeks I'm going to sell her to a local car dealer. I'd prefer not to do this and give one of the forum members a hell of a deal. So, speak up if you're interested.

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
Why not put it on Craig's List?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Why not put it on Craig's List?
I did whenever I first posted the Jeep. All I've been getting are time wasters and picture collectors from a few forums and Craigs list. I was PM'd by a guy who thinks Rubi is overpriced. LOL. That convo was fun. :p Some people have claimed they'll fly in and buy it. Sure..... Peoples word mean nothing now a days. It's sad.

I'll just strip a few parts off of her and take the inevitable loss at a dealer as opposed to prolonging my irritation with the people who waste my time. At least I'll actually get what the dealer offers and be able to start home repairs when the time comes. I'll make the loss up with some trading in my IRA. Lame situation, but it's life.

I'll be shipping your radio back soon. I'll PM you the tracking info when I get around to it.

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
I've only sold one vehicle on CL and that was a pretty good experience but Rubi is a specialty vehicle for a special owner. I have roughly $40K invested in her, maybe much more but I didn't keep a rolling tally because I preferred ignorance :giggle:.

Thanks so much for thinking about the radio, I would certainly appreciate it returned. If the cabling from the control head to the radio isn't easily removed, just leave it in place. I'll be glad to pay shipping.

I wish you could wait two or three months on selling Rubi II, spring might be a much better time for selling.

Reactions: Kennyz

·
Registered
217 Posts
Maybe try listing on Facebook marketplace. You can list it on several different group markets. Where I live, Ohio Jeep Parts is pretty popular for listing Jeeps and parts. The people interested in Jeeps will be looking in those specific groups.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,332 Posts
Do you have a list of major mods? Friend may be interested in it. Am a few hours south of you.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,332 Posts
Thanks passed it on to him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Special LJ for a special buyer..too many won't be able to justify and just sigh, "If only.."...but that 1 buyer will recognize what's here and be ready with cash and no dickering. I've personally used Craigslist to buy and sell "toys" clear up in the $90k+ range and I live in Alaska so ALL the good deals are thousands of miles away and go against CL warnings to "avoid out of state buyers"..using common sense and unemotional communication/negotiation, I have never experienced a single bad deal on CL...Someone is going to get a fine LJ with this one!

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
I was across the street from a CL murder of a whole family, but a young son. They were selling a car.
I was on RED alert when I was entertaining a potential CL buyer for our 2005 Jeep Liberty. I arranged to meet him at our Lowe's parking lot as part of my vetting process. Plus I was armed should the situation degenerate to a personal crisis. Turned out he was a good guy, a flight instructor at the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station.

Rarely do I ever sell anything where the prospective buyer comes to our place so I usually donate odds and ends to resale shops. When we've had worker bees here at the place, I always make sure they notice the Sig on my hip at the 3 O'Clock position.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,332 Posts
I always meet for the first time in the parking lot of the local police station, really cuts down on scammers/thieves when you tell them. When I was in Michigan the local police station had parking spots up front with a very visible camera for meets. They said once they started that online meet crimes dropped by 80%. it worked so well, other police departments in the area started doing it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Selling is always a PITA too many tire kickers. I had a BMW X5 I picked up from a friend. I didn't know a manual transmission was an oddball with a following. I found a group and they literally made me show documentation and proof before listing it. It was a pain but I made a killer profit on it and the buyer was verified before I ever showed it. I can't believe we do t have a special Rubicon buyers group. It would be so much easier only dealing with people who appreciate our passion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was on RED alert when I was entertaining a potential CL buyer for our 2005 Jeep Liberty. I arranged to meet him at our Lowe's parking lot as part of my vetting process. Plus I was armed should the situation degenerate to a personal crisis. Turned out he was a good guy, a flight instructor at the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station.

Rarely do I ever sell anything where the prospective buyer comes to our place so I usually donate odds and ends to resale shops. When we've had worker bees here at the place, I always make sure they notice the Sig on my hip at the 3 O'Clock position.
You had my dad nervous for the first 15 minutes when I picked up Rubi. I wish I could’ve recorded it. 🤣 I always have my Glock ready when I deal with people on CL or Marketplace. It’s just too sketchy now a days.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts