Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cannot get any hot air out of dash vents, floor vents, or defroster. Fan works great at all speeds. Air is very warm behind dash but will not come through vents or defroster. I can change selector but doesn't work on any setting..

Thanks in advance.
[email protected]

·
Registered
962 Posts
Based on this utube video you probably have to replace the actuator, that is the unit behind the middle heater control knob. Let us know how the repair goes.
The blend door is controlled by the knob on the right. I believe if you turn the knob and if the air changes from screen to floor to vents the blend door is working. The guy in the vid shows this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My issue is with the blend door I guess. The guy in the video doesn't get hot air. I have hot air, all fan speeds. I just can't direct it anywhere. It's like the doors are all closed

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Cold a vacuum line have come loose?

·
Registered
478 Posts
The vacuum reservoir is under the battery. Make sure the line is intact. I have seen a couple that are broken or cracked and leaking. That would cause the issue you have

·
Registered
962 Posts
Oops, I miss read your original post. Maybe this utube vid is the one you need for the right control switch.
Jeep Wrangler 2001 Replace Heater Vacuum Switch
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/heater-blower-doors-37712.html

Here is some info on the vacuum line.

X2 on the vacuum leak. Find the line that "Ts" just behind your battery, and follow it down. You will have to get underneath your Jeep. That line will drop down and go into the fender into about 3" of rubber 2/16" tubing, and then plug into a black in color, plastic box.

Unplug that 3" long piece of rubber tubing and examine it closely for cracks or splits. You will find that you probably have to trim off about 1/2" of cracked rubber hose. Push it back onto the nipple on the plastic box, and BOOM you have properly working air vents.

I followed vacuum hoses and zip tied vacuum hoses onto fittings for nearly 6 months before I found this. My heat and A/C would change airflow directions, or stop, if I accelerated. I was told the air door was broken, but it was not. I was told the vacuum was leaking at the manifold, but it was not...

Hope this helps. It sure is nice to have good warm heat that blows where I want it to, when I want it to!!

Edit: more on blend door and replacement with improved door.http://heatertreater.net/jeep-wrangler-97-06

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
This happens to me and I have not found the direct issue but it often comes up when I am driving slow thru the woods all day. sometimes turning off the jeep and it cools down and it works and other times it lasts a few days and goes away.

Now if it happens, I disconnect the vacuum lines behind the glove box (they can get pinched based on the routing next to stock antenna wire) and I hear the air and then I re-connect and all is right with the world till next time. Maybe 4 times a year.

Cannot get any hot air out of dash vents, floor vents, or defroster. Fan works great at all speeds. Air is very warm behind dash but will not come through vents or defroster. I can change selector but doesn't work on any setting..

Thanks in advance.
[email protected]

·
Registered
927 Posts
I tried to look but that is a blind hole on my LJ. I can see the vacuum line going under the battery but cannot see where it attaches to resivoir.

I had to use a mirror to look under mine. If I remember correctly I had to zip tie it, as it had wiggled loose. It's been years, no issues.

·
Registered
2005 Jeep TJ Rubicon
61 Posts
SierraBob,
Just what I'm experiencing. I'll have a look tomorrow.
Also,
i installed a heater treater in my F150 - great product with a really good way to install without taking apart the dash. Definitely five stars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts