Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the light just flashes now all the time… thinking faulty sensor. Any ideas or suggestions? Locker is not engaged and not even in 4wd.

Reactions: cj7prince

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pro rock 60s.

yes please.

appreciate the reply. I’ll be pulling The plugs on the harness today. This Jeep is such a pos, so many problems and I still need a new t-case which is looking like it will have to be an Atlas II. 241 for the TJ is getting impossible to find and when you do they are more expensive than the atlas. Water pump blew out so I’m considering just yanking the 4.0 now so I can mount the 5.7 Hemi and do all he wiring myself with the kit.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should add that the light is quickly flashing.. not rapidly but quickly.

·
Administrator
11,908 Posts
So the light just flashes now all the time… thinking faulty sensor. Any ideas or suggestions? Locker is not engaged and not even in 4wd.
The PCM processes all of the sensor signals - I wonder if it went wonky. One easy thing to try is to disconnect the battery for five minutes or so to reset the PCM.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
just looked at the service manual.

measure for resistance on the wiring harness at the axle. Should read zero. Its also just a short to ground connection. Should be able to short the wires and have the light go on, but you also need to flip the switch for the lockers. One thing to remember is the locker controls are really controlled through the dash display. It has some fun operations to keep people from doing stupid stuff with the lockers.

I would think if its blinking there is a short somewhere along the harness. Grounding out the wire causing the light to flash.

More reading, a slow flash is suppose to be lock requested, but not completed. I.e. no ground back from closing the actuator switch, shorting the two wires together at the axle.

A fast flash results in having the locker engaged and turning the ignition off, suppose to be key chimes as well, like 3 of them.

All the signals are ground triggered, so you can just short the wire to ground to see how things change. The Switch to the locker is ground controlled, the switch from the locker to the dash is ground controlled. Makes troubleshooting quite easy.

Might also try going through the rear lock, front lock, unlock process. Maybe the computer things its mid process. Disconnecting the battery would probably reset this as well, the 15 min timing thing.

But you have probably already solved this.

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
This Jeep is such a pos, so many problems and I still need a new t-case which is looking like it will have to be an Atlas II. 241 for the TJ is getting impossible to find and when you do they are more expensive than the atlas.
Advance Adapters have quite a wait on Atlas transfer cases. A Utah company, Midnight Metalworks is supposedly putting out their D300 version much quicker. Some local guys are running them. Might be an option: Complete D300 Rock Box

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Advance Adapters have quite a wait on Atlas transfer cases. A Utah company, Midnight Metalworks is supposedly putting out their D300 version much quicker. Some local guys are running them. Might be an option: Complete D300 Rock Box
that box looks sweet. Thanks for the link.

just looked at the service manual.

measure for resistance on the wiring harness at the axle. Should read zero. Its also just a short to ground connection. Should be able to short the wires and have the light go on, but you also need to flip the switch for the lockers. One thing to remember is the locker controls are really controlled through the dash display. It has some fun operations to keep people from doing stupid stuff with the lockers.

I would think if its blinking there is a short somewhere along the harness. Grounding out the wire causing the light to flash.

More reading, a slow flash is suppose to be lock requested, but not completed. I.e. no ground back from closing the actuator switch, shorting the two wires together at the axle.

A fast flash results in having the locker engaged and turning the ignition off, suppose to be key chimes as well, like 3 of them.

All the signals are ground triggered, so you can just short the wire to ground to see how things change. The Switch to the locker is ground controlled, the switch from the locker to the dash is ground controlled. Makes troubleshooting quite easy.

Might also try going through the rear lock, front lock, unlock process. Maybe the computer things its mid process. Disconnecting the battery would probably reset this as well, the 15 min timing thing.

But you have probably already solved this.

I have not solved the issue yet but thank you very much for the info from the SM. I don’t see any grounding issues but going after the axle end first with the multimeter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts