Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be a 2004 Rubicon. A dealer told me he can order one, is he full of it?

Thanks, :?: Tim

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes you can order a 2004!

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
tim said:
Whats the difference between 2003 and 2004????
hmmmmm about 12 months....and a cost increase.
:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a lot more than that! For example, the leather wrap steering wheel is no longer standard, but now an option. :wink:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The only thing I could see them changing tech wise is maybe emissions. I believe that the 2003 meets the standards right now but who know what the enviro people have had the gov mandate now.

Leather wrap an Option... :wtf:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Alright, no such thing as a 2004 Rubicon. They only made 8000, 2003's and that's it. Only 1 yr. production. This info from Jeep, not a dealer. :mad:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
um, my friend works at DCX financial and they have sold 11,270 so far of the 2003 model year and the 2004 is orderable right now.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Re: 2004

tim said:
Alright, no such thing as a 2004 Rubicon. They only made 8000, 2003's and that's it. Only 1 yr. production. This info from Jeep, not a dealer. :mad:
2004 production started July 1st From what I remember reading..

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts

tim said:
It has been said the 2003 model year production was increased from 8000 units to 12000 units to meet the demand for the Rubicon.

2004 orders could be placed in June, the Wrangler production line starts the 3rd week in July, this includes a 2004 Rubicon. Who knows for sure how many Rubicons DCX will produce for 2004.

It is not known if there will be a 2005 model Rubicon.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts

Griz said:
tim said:
It has been said the 2003 model year production was increased from 8000 units to 12000 units to meet the demand for the Rubicon.

2004 orders could be placed in June, the Wrangler production line starts the 3rd week in July, this includes a 2004 Rubicon. Who knows for sure how many Rubicons DCX will produce for 2004.

It is not known if there will be a 2005 model Rubicon.

8000 ...haha...DC ploy to get people like me to buy jeeps real fast. lol
Pete M

·
Registered
402 Posts
Should I be the guinea pig and try the new Green? I really want another Intense Blue one, but buying a house next month and you know how those go w/ new purchases. Maybe I'll find an 03 intense blue in early September a dealer wants to blow out. :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was so close to ordereing the green, but I went with good ol silver because I love the way it hides scratches. The green will look killer, I saw the color pallet at the dealer and it looks straight off a custom Harley or chopper.

Later,
Eric

·
Registered
348 Posts
rubicons in the future

Of course they are going to build them. It's business and selling them is what it is all about. You pay through the nose and have a super jeep without having to wrench much. If there was a Rubi in 1980 when I bought my previous jeep I would not have been able to afford it, but it would probably still be in the driveway. Look at the motorcycle sales. The baby boomers like me are starting to play again. There is the money floating around and jeep is going to get their share. I don't know why they didnt do this sooner? Yes I do know. Its the slow economy and people don't dump bucks for junk like they used to. The dotcommers are broke and the stock brokers are eating it too. I have always had to work for a living and worked hard for lower pay than the knowledge and experience should have brought in. When you go to the doctor, You tell him where you hurt. Heavy equipment and diesel trucks dont do that. Good grief I am on a rant. Time to shut up and get back to figuring out what I want to do to fix this low strung rubi and still keep the stock tire size. I'm outta here. Biker Mike. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
!

Give me some hard evidence! What website has info on the 2004 Rubicon. I hear a lot of "I see this" or "I hear that" But no one ever discloses where their info is coming from...give it up if you got it. Also, why in the world would you order a 2004 Rubicon without knowing the specs or design changes...this blows my mind. :oops:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Dealers have the printed order books for '04 model year vehicles. The website won't be updated for '04 models till September when the '04 models are officially available to buy off dealer lots. This is the same for all the manufacturers.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The dealers have printed info on the 04 model year vehicles but there is no pricing. So you can order one but the dealer can't tell you exactly what its gonna cost. We think Canadian dealers will see a 10% increase over 03 models. Not sure whats gonna happen in the states. The 04 Rubicon is listed but once again no pricing and if you ordered one now you won't see it til the end of sept or begining of october.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts