Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2004 Rubicon, have replaced sensors (front and rear), while in air on rack, the locker indicators show solid when engaged, have confirmed they are locked. Once you place the jeep on the ground the lights begin to blink, but are still engaged? Appreciate any opinion/guidance.

·
3,668 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I do not have any experience troubleshooting these lockers. Have you confirmed that the axles are locked when you have switched them to "locked" and the light begins to flash?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. I do not have any experience troubleshooting these lockers. Have you confirmed that the axles are locked when you have switched them to "locked" and the light begins to flash?
Yes, was confirmed while on rack off ground.

·
1,818 Posts
Welcome to ROF!
I know when I switch my lockers on or off on the trail, there is a varying small time of blinking. Could it be that when you set it on the wheels it simply influences the gray area of blinking? I would test off the lift on the ground going backward and forward while turning the wheel. I can’t explain the mechanics of it. I’m sure you know not to drive on pavement too much in your test while in 4WD or locked.

Reactions: Mouse

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,123 Posts
check your air hose and electrical connection at the diff, a loose connection will move when you compress the suspension upon lowering it. Check to see if the lockers are locked on the ground, not hard to do, you will know it turning in tight circles.or slightly lift one tire with a floor jack (just 1") and try to rotate it in neutral, if the diif is locked, the tire on the ground will prevent rotation. If locked and the light is flashing, it is either a faulty connection or the locker switch is bad. Also make sure your diff fill plugs are not too far in, they can interfere with the locker actuator.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Possible ignition actuator. I replied in this post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts