Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
There is NO difference between the too.. You could put a 97 on if you wanted to ..The only difference between the 03 and previous is the vent placement on the hard top..

Cheers..

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
When did they start putting the heavier material on the top.
[Sail Cloth]
The reason I ask is because my softop is nothing like the one on my wife's ex-99 TJ.

As far as fit, no problem for any 97-02 full top.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
2001 they stated with the Sail Cloth..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yoy can put a '03 top on a'02 on back but not vice-versa. The top latches are narrower on '03.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Mitch said:
Yoy can put a '03 top on a'02 on back but not vice-versa. The top latches are narrower on '03.

Ummmm........ That does not make sense seeing as a buddy of mine just put on a 2002 top on his rubi.. The winshield frame has not changed any..

G

·
0 Posts
2003 soft top

I am pretty sure the soft tops are different. My 97 had no zipper on the drivers side of the soft top (zipper was on the side window) - the passenger side of the soft top had a zipper (tab only on the side window). Not sure about the soft top latches...

·
Registered
282 Posts
LILRDJP said:
Mitch said:

Ummmm........ That does not make sense seeing as a buddy of mine just put on a 2002 top on his rubi.. The winshield frame has not changed any..[/quote

Did you notice that the header adapters are differnt for '03? 97-02 use a differnt PN#.I did not use a ruler but just eyeballing my '01 and comparing it to my'03 sure looks differnt

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I will have to take a look at mine and a 98 top and see. The zippers on the one window are different which makes putting the window on easier.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Not sure if this helps
but I do have a 97-02 Bestop Halftop on mine
The latches were a little tight, but they fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts