Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few little rocks little mud now and then but will 33x12.5 work on the factory rims with 2" spacer and I really want to avoid the 1"inch body lift as I just dont like how they look(maybe a little lazy also)just was wondering what i can fit with the 2" spacer lift if it is only 32's I may have to go witht the body lift just trying to fig out how the Tomken gas skid will still work? Need opinon's on lift and tires
thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
33x12.5 will only work if you use a wheel spacer. I don't know how reliable the wheel spacers are. Maybe someone that has used them can let us know. If you do decide to use the wheel spacer then you can use a 2" lift but you will have to make sure that you adjust your bump stops so not to cause any damage to the fenders. With a 1.25" wheel spacer you should not have to adjust your steering.
Pesonally if I was to do a 2" lift I would also want to put at least a 1" BL also. Body lift is easier then the suspension lift in my opinion and it will look awesome.

Good luck with you desicion.........

G

·
0 Posts
I have the 33x11.5R16 and it'll go lock to lock, but I also have a 1"BL with the BB. If you use 12.50's you'll need to space the locks, to avoid rubbing with stock wheels. Without the body lift, you WILL rub, on trails, using true 33's. HTH 8)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what back spacing are you using as I want to stay under the flares as much as possible thanks Mike :twisted:

G

·
0 Posts
I.M.Rubicon said:
what back spacing are you using as I want to stay under the flares as much as possible thanks Mike :twisted:
Ok, if the question was for me, I'm using the stock wheels, that have 5" b/s. Here is a pic, that shows they are under flares, etc.

Hope this is what your looking for.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks as I want to keep the stock rims for cost reasons and I really like the MT/R's so if I go just a couple of inches of tires and do a spacer lift with a body lift should keep me happy for awhile :p

G

·
0 Posts
New tires your thoughts

Iam new to this forum. I have been reading and want to know your thoughts on my Rubi. I am looking at buying new tires for it. I am in Fl. and my 10% of off road (for now) Made me look at 285/75/16 BFG A/T tires. I have 1.75 BB, 1.25 BL, 1 MM. Do you think I will have any problems? Do you think I will need to use any backspaceing on the wheels? The tire dealer said that with a 8" rim that the tires would only be 11.5 wide. Any thoughts on that? Thanks . :bowing:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
With an 11.5" width you should be fine with the stock wheels. !2.5 will rub on the control arms at full turn. 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the come back. I will be putting the tires on Friday. So I we will see. Any thoughts on the BFGs? I have gone to Tellico with the Goodyears and had a great time. I wander how the BFGs AT will do? Well see you later. :roll:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
BFG AT's are an awesome tire... I think they will be well sutted for what you are looking for.

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts