Rubicon Owners Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
  • Antirock installed
  • Additional bumpstops installed
  • Front diff cover arrived (been waiting on that before I welded the trackbar bracket)
  • Appointment made for the first week of March for gears/lockers. Harmon 4x4 in Tulsa will do the install. Because of parts issues we're going with a Eaton e-locker up front and a grizzly in the back. 5.38 gears. Will order drives shafts once they can measure.

Before that appointment I have several things left to do, so I have to get cookin'
  • New emergency brake lines
  • press bearings into new rear hubs
  • Final install all brakes
  • bleed brakes
  • Drop the Jeep to the ground and final torque everything
It's getting close!!!

We have a 3 day ride scheduled with Christian Crawlers March 24th thru the Ozark National Forest, trying to make it.

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
Is it done yet? ;)

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
So with the hot weather I haven't done a thing with my Jeep until the last few days.
We have a ride coming up in October that I'd like to have him ready for.

4 door work:
  • Gutted the interior and gave it a good cleaning
  • Put the console back together, had pulled it to run new emergency brake lines.
  • Put the rear seat back in, had been pulled out for years for a sleeping deck.
  • Fresh layer of anti-seize all over me and the back of the Jeep from installing the seat bolts.....

2 door work:
  • Swapped the Teraflex rotopax fuel can mount from the 4 door to the 2 door. With the smaller tank of the 2 door I should have done it long ago.
  • Pulled the windshield mounted mirror mounts and gave them a fresh coat of paint.
Also working on a drawer system for the 2 door for this trip (just in case it's the only Jeep that can go) :)
It will have a tool drawer, drawer for two front runner cases, drawer for the Jackery and an Action packer, fridge slide and room at the back for the lifesaver jerry can.

Getting the initial layout and measurements done this morning

61 - 68 of 68 Posts