Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I just found this forum and have been looking for a forum to post my build. 2013 Rubicon 10a, manual, and with the black leather not the red. only 48 of these made in a manual with the anvil color. This is my 5th Jeep. Sold the my 08 JKU and picked this one up after looking for 6 months. The longest I have ever been without a Jeep. As with all my other Jeeps I’ll be putting a lift on but mixing the parts up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Jeep came with the alpine system and unfortunately, the regular non touch screen headunit. I’m a true believer in you get what you pay for except when it comes to Just Empty Every Pocket lol. Anyways… I cautiously settled on the Seicane 10.1 android unit. I’m an Apple lover only because it’s all I have ever used, found the large screen as well as Apple CarPlay a must, and the price is great. I looked and looked at reviews, wright ups and found a mix of good and bad. I took a chance and got it. So far after 2 months it works flawlessly and looks great. I had to rewire the pins in the seicane connector to receive the bass signal from the front speakers in order to get the sub to work correctly but other than that I’m very pleased. I can only speak for the unit as a CarPlay device, so all the other abilities are completely unknown to me. I also think people tend to use these Chinese head units beyond their design and in turn this causes problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
during the spring summer and fall you will find me driving without my doors and top. On a beautiful day my nose turns up to those of you that don’t experience the Jeep experience and only the ac experience. Anyways a shade top is a must. I was really nervous about the bold color. But it turned out great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a great deal on OME 2.5 medium duty coils with only a few thousand miles on them and some rancho rs5000 shocks. Looking for all 8 control arms, both track bars, extended brake lines, exhaust spaces, and bump stops. I’m not putting any lift parts on until I have all the above.The plan…. 2.5” lift with 35s. From there I will truss the axles, drive shafts, regear and whatever else I come across to prepare for 37s. Then plan on the rear stretch. Here is the start.

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
2013 JKU Rubi, Baby Lift-Level, Red Leather Seats, Oh La La
50 Posts
Looking forward to your updates! I also have a 10a (black, red leather) that I picked up in September. Welcome!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't have a build page. I'm the second owner and I'm unsure but I think AEV prepped Jeeps were purchased new with the modifications already installed at the dealership. Hopefully someone else will know if that's correct. My Jeep has an AEV dual sport lifted suspension, AEV wheels, Warn bumpers, 35" BFG KM2s, and other small stuff. What does it mean when you and others state you own 10A Jeeps? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have a build page. I'm the second owner and I'm unsure but I think AEV prepped Jeeps were purchased new with the modifications already installed at the dealership. Hopefully someone else will know if that's correct. My Jeep has an AEV dual sport lifted suspension, AEV wheels, Warn bumpers, 35" BFG KM2s, and other small stuff. What does it mean when you and others state you own 10A Jeeps? Thanks
Well your Jeep looks sweet man. 10A means 10th Anniversary. From the factory; upgraded steel bumpers, supposedly a little higher lift over the normal rubi, leather, special rock rails, vented hood, and badges.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tonight I replaced the hood latches. As much as I appreciate a modified Jeep that looks almost factory, I had to replace the hood latches with something different due to hood flutter. Well, a factory look without poor design (stock latches) is the JL latches. Not to mention they’re only 30 bucks on Amazon. Fitting was some trouble as I’m an anal fool at times. So here are the pics of the install.
Now this is all fine and dandy but… there is a large gap, an annoying gap…
the pic on the left shows a large gap, enough of a gap to see through to the other side. The one on the left is after the fix. The pic comparison doesn’t do it justice. I had to remove this little rubber piece because I did not want to drill my hood even more than I already did.
Removed the rubber piece
and by doing that it gave me a perfect fit. Anyone think that rubber is necessary? I hope not… The latches secure the hood pretty tight and I only see those pieces acting as an insurance for the hood slamming down. Let me know whatcha think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts