Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah I looked into that there wont be enough clearance with that bracket and the tub it needs 3" of lift. I think I might go with a lopro mount from ucf and then a stock shaft. Should be equivelent to a 1" drop. Im running 32" MTR kevlars with 28psi all balanced. I know its not them because Ive pulled the rear shaft and the vibe went away.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I m thinking about doing a lo pro transmittion mount from UCF drops everything 1Inch along with a stock shaft. I dont want to have to do a body lift with the motor lift rn.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
You can probably do a MML without a body lift.
Have you checked your motor mounts and for that matter your tranny mount?
It’s also possible that your TW shaft, even though it’s new, may be out of balance. Both of mine were and another member just had this experience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I think it's the angle the cvs running at. It's nowhere near properly aligned for a cv. I attached a photo below How did you know your driveshaft was not balanced properly? I went ahead and ordered the ucf lo pro mount and a stock shaft. It will drop everything 1" like a TC drop would do but without losing the clearance. Im really hoping that solves my issue.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Hmm. sure looks like you have more than 1.75" lift. Did you install the spacers or someone else?

On my TW driveshafts. I still had some vibration once I put them in. I took them to a drive line shop to have them checked out and found out that they were out of balance as well as being .012 from being straight. Cost me $65.00 to have them straightened and re balanced. Fixed the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Seems to me that you have a lot of drive shaft angle for only 1.75” lift. Is it possible the PO could have done a spring/spacer combo lift?
Have you checked your control arm bushings?
Any chance for a side shot of your Jeep?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hmm. sure looks like you have more than 1.75" lift. Did you install the spacers or someone else?

On my TW driveshafts. I still had some vibration once I put them in. I took them to a drive line shop to have them checked out and found out that they were out of balance as well as being .012 from being straight. Cost me $65.00 to have them straightened and re balanced. Fixed the issue.
I would provide feedback to TW mentioning the other cases too. He might have an employee that need some training, or another issue. JMHO

21 - 31 of 31 Posts