Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preparing for Medics skid.

Figure the M.O.R.E. (JM600L) mml would be the best…

Trying to make a decision between Teraflex 1” aluminum or JKS 1.25” Durathane lift.

Personally I like the teraflex w/ aluminum, but will I regret not getting the extra .25” of lift later?

Any opinions, comments or suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I would go with the JKS personally. I am not a fan of metal anything BL's. Less vibrations coming through the cab.

JMO

Sean

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Teraflex 1” aluminum is on my rubi.....
and no issues. they sit on factory rubbers so no vibes ever gonna make
it thru.....
:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the JKS on mine, no issues with it. Do I think there is a big difference between 1' and 1 1/4" inch, not really until you start looking at tight clearances. Then that extra 1/4" may matter. I got the JKS because it fits over the stock mounts (has a recess for them). They are really solid under the body, feels like it is on the stock mounts as far as stability.

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Go with the aluminum. You will not have any vib issues and they look good! JMHO

·
Registered
92 Posts
Body Lift

Doesn't the Rubi have some sort of BL on it stock? And will replacing the rubber on it now with 1" new BL help a great deal?

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
whatroc?!, Jeeps come with Rubber Bushings stock, when you add a 1" BL you put them on top of the bushings. A body lift does nothing other than help you gain clearance. It allows you to go up a size in tire, put new belly up skids on, raise your gas tank somewhat, and has a few other benefits. The downside to them is they raise you COG (center of gravity) and anything over a 1" BL looks bad, IMO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Body Lifts

What confused me was reading the directions from Daystar - I have seen pics showing the aluminum spacers on top of the bushings, then reading a set of instructions from Daystar it calls for removing the bushings and replacing the bushings with their BL poly spacers. Guess it sounded like a stupid question to begin with but figured my brain was dead today:)

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
There are a few BL that require you remove the factory bushings. Daystar may very well be one of them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
although a bodylift raises the COG, raising the body alone is only a fraction of the weight of the equivilent raise in suspension lift.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Remember as you go up, go out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts