Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of this engine, as I have seized it up, towed behind a motorhome...
Any one have a spare lying around, or know where I can get a good used engine, beside junk yards...
TIA for all info appreciated...
Larry

·
1,906 Posts
Are you sure it’s the engine and not the transmission?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it’s the engine and not the transmission?
I'm not totally sure, I tried to turn the crankshaft with a wrench and it would not move, the trans and transfer case in neutral... I guess I will have to pull the plugs and try turning iy over without compression will give a definite answer...
Thanks for the reply...

·
1,906 Posts
I can’t remember how we did it, but my buddy’s ‘06 transmission locked up when we stopped for gas on the way home from a trip. We had to get it unlocked to get it on a flatbed. There is a release somewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can’t remember how we did it, but my buddy’s ‘06 transmission locked up when we stopped for gas on the way home from a trip. We had to get it unlocked to get it on a flatbed. There is a release somewhere.
Norminator,
Thanks, I will look into, when I get back home, right now on the road in Oregon...

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
I have a complete 06 engine with (90k miles) with 6 speed transmission in Houston. includes radiator, starter, alternator... but no computer. Pulled from my 06LJ kless than a year ago when I swapped in a 5.3L. Let me know if you need it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a complete 06 engine with (90k miles) with 6 speed transmission in Houston. includes radiator, starter, alternator... but no computer. Pulled from my 06LJ kless than a year ago when I swapped in a 5.3L. Let me know if you need it.
What are you asking for it??? What would the shipping be to 85367???
Thanks for the reply, looking forward to hearing from you...

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
shipping would be freight on a pallet, but it probably will not be cheap. figure 1000 lbs from 77384 to 85367 with lift gate on both ends. $650 for fedex freight. Would like $1000 for engine transmission, radiator, starter, alternator, ac compressor, exhaust manifold with cats... No computer. So ~1650. probably a bit less if you have a lift at your location and do not require a lift gate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Elwarpo,
Thanks for the update...
I won't be in Yuma AZ until October, so if you still have it, then I will reach out to you for the 4.0L & Trans and extras...

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
Ok, most likely will, have 2 and price is negotiable. Do you ever get to TX?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you hsve a Ferguson plumbing supply in your area. Believe it or not they eill ship anything on s pallet pretty reasonable between stores.so you have to get the pallet to youe store snd the receiver hss to pick up but prices are not bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Craneman, Thanks for that info, I have a Ferguson supply only 150 miles from me, that would definitely be a course to take, I will have to get in touch with them when I get back to Yuma... I have an account with them... There is also Uship, I have gotten bids from them, but nothing that weighed this much...
Do you hsve a Ferguson plumbing supply in your area. Believe it or not they eill ship anything on s pallet pretty reasonable between stores.so you have to get the pallet to youe store snd the receiver hss to pick up but prices are not bad.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Craneman, Thanks for that info, I have a Ferguson supply only 150 miles from me, that would definitely be a course to take, I will have to get in touch with them when I get back to Yuma... I have an account with them... There is also Uship, I have gotten bids from them, but nothing that weighed this much...
Fastenal also will shipped palleted items... or at least they used to.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
If all you want is the engine, figure 700 lbs shipped

Reactions: Mouse
1 - 16 of 16 Posts