Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3k on odometer is it just a maintenance request by the pcm? PS just changed gas cap for locking but I imagine if it was that it would throw a code...

thanks in advance

-ron-

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
tao said:
3k on odometer is it just a maintenance request by the pcm? PS just changed gas cap for locking but I imagine if it was that it would throw a code...

thanks in advance

-ron-
There is no maintenance request as far as I know, at least not on the '04.

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
the gas cap would throw a code if the cap wasnt screwed on properly. it will just be a leak in the system that will be detected, however if it is the gas cap, the light will go off after 2 days by its self once its re-tightened. However, if its not the cap, then you'll have to take it to the dealer...or you could do the code check yourself.

just turn the key to on then off then on again a few times and then on the odometer it will read a code that it threw, and then just match it up with the list thats in the FAQ's.

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Use the key off on method.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
tao said:
I'll try it today but, "no faults" actually scrolled across the odometer
That's cuz you actually did a dash diagnostic. There are 2 self diagnostic routines:eek:ne for the dash, the other for the powertrain. You did the dash, but need to do the powertrain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts