Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
3,389 Posts
There are a few jeep-only junkyards that might have a used PCM for you. SgtJeep in Rosamond California (https://www.facebook.com/sgtjeep.ca) is constantly getting new jeeps in; might be worth a call.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Glad you’re back on the road! We should all subscribe since our PCMs are all on borrowed time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
wranglerfix.com

Just had a friend with 05 non-Rubicon LJ auto that went with https://wranglerfix.com for a fail PCM. He found them through the same wrangler forum threads and research online and was also quite impressed talking with Mark. He has only had it in for a few weeks but so far it has worked without issue and he is on the road again.

I definitely made note of the place in case mine decides to start having any issues; although it is manual and seems less likely to have problems from what I have read and seen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i cant read the whole thread atm and am no expert on the pcms or auto trans but i just got through a 3 year ordeal with my 05 6speed i believe the initial issue was the OPDA gear worn right out.. i tried CKS and CPS first i believe from safeway and after no fix and while of driving around in limp mode i tried the timing chain OPDA and some other fixxes with no luck... i was about to tear my whole loom apart when i decided to throw in my old CKS sensor i never got rid of and it instantly relieved all the issues.. so its no myth you need to use mopar sensors im not sure how parts stores are allowed to sell sensors that dont work.. be nice if an aftermarket company sold a stand alone pcm with thier own sensors and wiring harness replace the whole factory setup on these rigs that arre approaching 20 years old but still daily driven

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
Welcome to ROF - eh? Glad to have you aboard. We've had lots of discussion about OEM parts vs. after market and the consensus is spend the bucks on OEM parts. I bought an aftermarket radiator for my LJ and it was crudely built compared to Mopar. Threw the after market radiator away and went to new OEM.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts