Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Jeep is stalling under part throttle while accelerating randomly. It will restart mostly before I press the clutch on it's on. Always fires right back up. No codes. Help. It does it 7 times a day then might not do it for 7 months.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Welcome to ROF!

A mechanic once showed me how this can happen if one of the plugs on the harness going into the PCM is loose. There’s one plug on my PCM I have zip tied because the plug lock or keeper is broken. Give a firm push on the plugs to make sure they’re seated.

Not having a code, I would pull off the throttle body and check/clean it.

Battery or alternator and/or contacts?

People will chime in.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
Remotely, this is going to be really hard to troubleshoot.

Clean the TB, Check the Linkage around that area, Check the gap on the spark plugs and/or replace them with new ones?
Could be crappy gas.

Is the ground wire solidly attached and not have any corrosion.

Try and document the circumstances whenever this occurs.
Temp, amount of time driving, etc and maybe something will show a pattern.

Other's will probably provide some other potential items.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
That makes me wonder about something with the ignition. I’m grasping here, but maybe no codes are thrown because it thinks you are turning it off.

·
Super Moderator
3,949 Posts
I'm going to second the "clean the TB" - this is something that plagues TJs.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,589 Posts
sounds like the 3 plugs that go into the computer are the issue, had it on my 06 LJ. Zip tied the connectors the computer and it went away. Other option is the rev/speed limiter is kicking in, could be your speed sensor is giving a random high speed/rpm and the limiter Kicks in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts