Rubicon Owners Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
3,796 Posts
Awesome job. When you removed the tub, how did you connect the cherry picker?

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Awesome job. When you removed the tub, how did you connect the cherry picker?
I tried about 6 different locations

ended up using the center back and front seat mount bolts. Balanced fairly well from that location. more importantly than front to back, say that was at a 60/40, side to side was almost perfect.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
got some stuff done this afternoon.

can't find my v band clamps to fit the y pipe, but they will show up

front comparison vs the I6

I am going to re do the from shock hoops, and the cross bar mount. Then push the axle as far forward as I can.

Also on the list is too much the rear axle back about 5 more inches or so.

All while waiting on the transmission. Good think I have about all I need to do the suspension work, I should not of said that. Unless I need new LCAs with the wheel base adjustments.

Should be a fun weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Are you going to put the tub back on before you put the motor in place after you complete the work you mentioned?

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Not sure when the tub is going on yet. Trying to fine another 5 inches of up travel in the front first. It feels so much easier to work on the suspension without the tub. While un hooking the transferase linkage I was thinking, how did I do this with the tub on.

I hope to only put the tub on when all the suspension work is done, then clearance the tub to fit.

no great new images to post, but thinking this one may of caused a check engine light.

the O2 Sensor wiring on

Ill fix this hack job of modifying the rear cross member as well.

Probably replace the whole thing

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
no real movement on the jeep. still waiting on the transmission... 🙁

its kind of hard to figure out your suspension setup without it. Trying to figure out the approximate interference with drive shafts control arms and all that is a bit tough. I have a general idea, but not totally sure. There will be a wheel base stretch front and rear as well. The steering box may get moved as well.

But can't figure any of that out with out all the large pieces.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Test fit if engine, tranny and tcase. All looks good, will need a new rear driveshaft due to stretch.

looking like my low pro belly pan and mount will still work

made some cuts and grinds.

headers

·
3,796 Posts
Looks like an awesome project with great attention to detail. The last picture of the headers didn't make it through for me

Reactions: bbusch

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Man it looks good, going to be a brand new car. Really looking forward to seeing this rig get through the next big projects.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Man it looks good, going to be a brand new car. Really looking forward to seeing this rig get through the next big projects.
funny thing, I have been saying I am basically buying a new car... So yep, I agree. I will say, the whole don't want to do it again, after I said that last time... But its all good. Doing it again is fun, fixing things that you didn't do quite right or just trusted others in this is the way to do it, use my suspension stuff its the best...

Lots of time on the 3 and 4 link calculator the last few weeks. Hope its right made some decisions on that part and ordered new mounts for link locations. If you believe those numbers as well, but its been out for quite some time and seems to be the tool. Time will tell.

Did a bunch of grinding of old front suspension mounts and track bar mounts yesterday. Nothing that amazing picture wise. Trying to make sure any up travel issues are not artificial, or something that I can not take care of easily with a grinder and welder. The front Artec truss is somewhat in the way, Ill be making some modifications to it to ensure there is no contact with the frame without a good reason. Basically the truss goes out over the drivers side a bit to far for no reason that I can see. I'll cut a chunk out and replace it. It's also over where the vent and wires hook up and really made it difficult to get to them. Or that is what I am thinking, I need to swing it back under the frame and make sure what needs to go.
Basically getting as much up travel and stretch I can. Why not.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
It’s worth it to go through it again imo. When you do the work yourself it’s hard not to stare and since it’s what you want to stare at why not?

Reactions: inline6
121 - 133 of 133 Posts