Rubicon Owners Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
On the dogs comment. A couple things, I typically like dogs, but not the owners. I have been lunged at to many times over the years. Not the dogs fault at all.

On to me having dogs, I don't have the time to be on their schedule. I usually travel enough during the week to not be fair to them. I would hate to have dogs and have them spend more time in a kennel than at home. I also don't have a completely fenced yard, only the front is fenced, the back up the rock wall is open. My neighbors dog is over all the time. So any outside time would be supervised and on a leash of some sort. Not all that great for the dog either.

I get cats have their issues as well, but you are inside my home and are aware of them when entering. I also only need to fee them when they bug me, they can go to the bathroom on their own. Cleaning up the litter isn't that big of a deal a couple times a week. I run more litters than cats, it makes the issue not a big deal.

I know its a polarizing subject, but just my experience and feelings.

Back on topic, I didn't get to the jeep today. I did take tomorrow off and hope to make some decisions.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,474 Posts
That house is cool as hell and gigantic!! I love it.

The wife and I joke that we have a farm vs a family. We recently lost a 20yr old cat to old age, but still have 2 Greyhounds and 2 cats. Our remaining 2 cats are both 17 and sisters. I am not sure what we do special, but our cats really live long healthy and happy lives. I like to joke that the one cat is just a small dog, because she really does not have a cat personality. The other cat is also super friendly but way more cat like.
Our Greyhounds are super chill and uber friendly. Also fast as hell.

For your work schedule, I 100% agree on your assessment of owning a dog. They require more time and it's really not fair if you would not be there to spend time with them. Cats are more independent and probably are happy when you go on a business trip.
:ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
11,468 Posts
Our cat count was up to six, two inside and four barn cats. One was a really good mouser and we miss her for her friendly personality and her hunting skills. Four passed away in the last year due to old age. We've had cats for decades and just in the last six years we decided to add dogs to the family. Since we stopped leaving Texas every summer to go wheeling I'm thinking about building a chicken coop and keeping five or six layers.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
well, ordered motor mounts, so the tear down will begin soon.

now what engine and transmission to pick???

figured I have nto driven it in a couple years, may as well just do it all now. Ill kick myself if I don't.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
well, ordered motor mounts, so the tear down will begin soon.

now what engine and transmission to pick???

figured I have nto driven it in a couple years, may as well just do it all now. Ill kick myself if I don't.
Just get going on it, can’t wait to see that part of the project start. An eight speed would sure be sweet. the newer Jeeps have that option but not sure what practical options are out there for our rigs. I’m really happy with the 6l80, it’s all in the tuning.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Just get going on it, can’t wait to see that part of the project start. An eight speed would sure be sweet. the newer Jeeps have that option but not sure what practical options are out there for our rigs. I’m really happy with the 6l80, it’s all in the tuning.
Ill need to go back and see what engine and transmission package you ended up with. Seems no one wants to make an adapter from the 6l80e to the rubi transfer case. That would leave a standard transfer case or an atlas as the one to mate up to the 6l80e. Not sure I want that option and cost and time delays. An atlas is 6 months out or more...

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,474 Posts
I had an Atlas in my last Jeep.
It worked great, was strong as hell, but when using the Jeep as a daily driver, I will say, they get hot and that gets thrown into the cabin.
The stock chain driven T-Case never threw that much heat into the cabin.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts