Rubicon Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Your TJ is really coming along nice, man it looks so good.

Gotta get me a car capsule.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Oh crap.. yep. That thing is looking pretty awesome. I eyed one photo of it as my computer is running slow and assumed. Everything looks so nice and new.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I think this will be about ride height. I need to pull the 3" body lift and put in a 1". Then thinking new springs will net me about 2" of lift.

I would like to not do the lifted springs, but I don't feel like doing shock mounting modifications now. But I may.

The 37 is the spare from the TJ for mockup. Still not sure if 35s or 37s will go on it. Longer term the UD60s will go into the LJ, once I tear it apart and make it stock again.

Upside down pics, fun

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Luckily i view with a MacBook air. I think it's button side up that can help avoid photos being upside down.. if not then it's the other way around.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
they were right side up on the MAC. I then saved them in preview and they were right side up. Saved them tow different ways. I think it stems from the encoding from the iphone I took the pics from. I had the phone upside down for those pics, I won't do that again.

At the end of the day, pics of stuff

·
Registered
539 Posts
They do look good, but kinda $$$

Hutchinson bead locks. These are argent in color.
I may have to invest in some of those, are they a huge pain to balance? I have a bubble balancer in the shop :p

Reactions: Mouse

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I may have to invest in some of those, are they a huge pain to balance? I have a bubble balancer in the shop :p
I have them on the TJR, JKU, and Dodge. I put balance beads in them and just run them.

I didn't intend to run them on the dodge, but I ordered them for the JKU with UD60s. The first order never showed and no contact from the seller. So I ordered another set. Then the first order showed... It was cheaper to keep them than to send the back wit restocking and shipping. Well not cheaper, but I didn't feel like all those fees and they fit both rigs.

I have a set of 5 on5.5 on order for the LJ, but they are a no show from an amazon seller. Trying to cancel and deciding what to do.

I do think they are the best Beadlock you can get. DOT approved and not much more than single bead lock only wheels.

As I spent hours again looking for other beadlocks, I keep coming back to them, that or the Walker Evans, also looking at method wheels. I just like the simple 5 spoke pattern. Might just be time to place another order, I hate to think that I would end up with an extra set. I don't have a confirmation on the canceled order yet.

·
Administrator
11,468 Posts
I have a picture somewhere of a buddy that broke a Hutchinson wheel when we were running a trail in the Sand Hollow area of St. George, I'll try to find it. However this guy could break an anvil. (JKUR with a Hemi.)

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I managed to get some work done this weekend, first time in a couple weeks.
Belly pan finished and installed, the UCF skid took some modifying, but it's on and bolted up. I still need to modify the engine skid to fit. Then figure out where to mount the lower pumps.
OME 2934 and 2996 installed, netting 3" and 3.25 lift over stock. I have about 4" of up travel on 10" shocks, Bilstein 5160s: 25-194012 and 25-193121 for reference.
2" extended bump stops with new coil isolators F&R as well, all Energy Suspension
Mocked up the tranny cooler as well.
The last goals for the weekend, well 12 hour working time, was to put on the tank skid and remove the 3" BL.

Well the tank and the evaporations tubes were all goober'd up. I hate those brittle lines that you can't find replacements for. So need to find a solution, thinking just a GenRight tank and call it a day since one day there will be a stretch happening. I know I can easily just use fuel line as well.

I also broke down and made a wheel and tire decision. I will say I went with a set of wheels and tires that were on sale. Hope I like them will I get the time to put 60s under the LJ.

As for pics, doesn't look much different, but it is sitting on its own weight on the jack stands. That does feel good.

Hoping next weekend things will be more wrapped up.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Getting closer, but still lots to do. Should be just another 8 months or so........

Bought some close out wheels and tires, not my first pick but will be good for the use of this one. although, I keep getting more and more into it and making changes to the original plan. While I am at it...

Lost the roll over protection thingy today.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
lots has been done, tub lizard skinned, roll cage welded together, rear CO mounts in place, cleaned up tones of dirt from the dash, and many many more small projects. Small projects seem to be the norm on this build, just one more little 4 hour project. A bunch more in place, just need the photos to sync across my accounts.

A new welder showed up, so I built a new cart for it as well. I got tired of the duty cycle on the Hobart 210MVP.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,468 Posts
..... A new welder showed up, so I built a new cart for it as well. I got tired of the duty cycle on the Hobart 210MVP.
Wow, you have some nice Miller equipment there! My Hobart Ironman 250 has a very good duty cycle, I've never had it shut down on me even on thicker stock. My plasma torch is a Hypertherm 45 which is compatible with a CNC table with the appropriate torch.

Reactions: Mouse
41 - 60 of 88 Posts