Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share

Just bought this Rubi LJ

Pic attached, and I'm in the pic, HA. Stole the pic from the dealer web site. I go back Saturday to pic it up, its hard to drive 2 vehicles home without the trailer.

Plans for it revolve around 44s, and light bars and stuff like that.

Well actually, I may go back to 31s and 15" rims. My dad will be driving it for the next few years. I needed to get him out of the 96 S10 I bought new back in the day. Figured I would put him in this till he isn't driving. Mom does not like driving the S10 now either. So a basically stock rig for the foreseeable future. I hope dad is stoked.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does look pretty clean an unmolested underneath. Looks to be a stock suspension, not sure if it was ever changed. Just the 2" body lift to clear the 33s

That and pull all the chrome off it, but dad may like it. Good thing I have lots of extra parts from the TJ. Thinking I have bumpers and allot of other stuff no one wanted to buy used.

The inside needs cleaned up, but as we all know the insides of jeeps are simple and easy to clean.

I go back to pick up up Saturday, Ill get a better look at the underneath when its on the trailer.

There was a Tan one for sale for 10K over what I paid for this one.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put the LJ on the trailer and brought it home. I think Mom is more excited than dad for the new Rubicon.

Now to find some stock Moabs and do some more work on it. Gotta loose the body lift.

The carpet was wasted, ordered new stuff already.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,845 Posts
Can't see any pics :crying:

using Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.6 and Google chrome 67.0.3396.99
I alerted the forum support people about the image viewing problem a few days ago. They are "working on the problem."

This happened about when the parent owner of these forums moved all of them to cloud computing.

It's interesting that I'm never had any issues like this and based on user reports, there doesn't seem to be any common element like a particular browser or operating system. Also about this time they moved to SSL (https) which encrypts browser traffic. I'll keep after them.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohhh, crying from not seeing pics. ?

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now dad doesn't like the LJR. I also found the issue with his truck I was replacing.

Trying to make some decisions about how many vehicles I need. Well want, need is not really a revenant argument.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Uh oh...good luck with the solution.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Feeling like it has more to do with his age and driving ability. Might just be that time to “take the keys away”

·
Administrator
10,845 Posts
Feeling like it has more to do with his age and driving ability. Might just be that time to “take the keys away”
Good luck helping him make the right decision. My mom-in-law knew when it was time to hang up the keys, so we got lucky. She lived in an assisted living center that was situated on a not-so-busy divided city street. When we made the turn to that street to visit her we always had to be aware of the old folks driving on the wrong side of that street. Scary.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It will all work out. He does not drive much any way.

the bigger problem, I'm dreaming of a LJR on 35s with just fender mods. i really do not need 3 built jeeps.

i really do not need 3 built jeeps.

·
Registered
14 Posts

the bigger problem, I'm dreaming of a LJR on 35s with just fender mods. i really do not need 3 built jeeps.

Yes, yes you do. Especially a LJR. Or sell it to me.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts

Pay no attention to the little person with the halo whispering in your ear......it's the guy with the horns and tail who speaks the truth! >:) >:) >:)

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
trying to decide

sell the LJ

Move TJ axles and the parts to the LJ
Move Stock parts to the TJ
Sell the TJ

small lift and 33s on the LJ (remove the chrome)
drop the TJ off at Wide Open Design for a new chassis

On the LJ lift part, part of me want the NTH lift. But concerned in long term parts avail.
Or just short arms and keep it basic.

so many options, including sell the JKU to fun building about anything I want.

Another note, I have most of the parts to do a basic lift on the LJ. Thinking I am just short some JJs to make it happen.

ohhhhhh, the options.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
john, the chrome is ready for you

pics in the daily thread, wouldn't let me post same files in two places

1 - 20 of 62 Posts