Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell ROFers.. the time has come to let the Rubicon Sahara go that we purchased in 2015. It is a very nice rig however the computer has gone out so the vehicle will no longer start. Common problem on the 05 and 06 models and I believe Sentry Key related given the light on the dash. Also note up front that the vehicle has a rebuilt title which one can get a loan on unlike a salvage title so full disclosure. Reason for selling is I am about to make a major purchase and will not be in any position for quite some time to continue with this project.

On to the rig and Hemi engine project!

The rig is hard top Rubicon Sahara #364 automatic and I have made some tasteful modifications over the years, 121K on it I believe. Rig is on 315 GY Duratracs and I do have some additional Nth Degree Suspension parts that can go with the rig like front coils and a rear Nth Degree Stinger if buyer would like the parts. This is a project Jeep and it comes with a number of parts and a Hemi motor mated to a 545RFE automatic transmission and 4.1 Rocktrac original Rubicon t-case. The motor has 33,700 miles on it out of a 2008 Jeep GC and these motors are becoming difficult to find which is important to note for this vehicle because it will become more and more difficult to find a motor to put in a 05 Jeep and will still be made to work with the stock computer and factory gauges. This Hemi is a good donor for this vehicle. Also see some additional modifications listed below:

-Line X interior, looks fantastic
-Upgraded stereo
-Catch All carpet floor mats
-Poison Spider rockers
-Rear aftermarket bumper
-4" Suspension lift on 315s
-Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, I was prepping for the 4.5" LA lift

At this point I have it estimated to cost $8-10K to have someone professionally install the motor. I am asking $16,900 for my setup so one would have maybe $26K or so in it if the new owner could not install the motor themself. The Rubicon Sahara is getting difficult to find and this one comes with a Hemi so I am hopeful to find a good home that will want to continue my build. If I can find a quick buyer at asking I will include the set of light Khaki metallic JeePods I built back in 2011 otherwise I am keeping them given sentimental value. They are one of a kind and look fantastic on the roll cage.. nothing like them on the market. Few photos of the Jeep included below.

Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention that I will let the Jeep go for $12,000 without the Hemi engine, 545RFE and 4.1 Rocktrac t-case.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I need that top for mine! Good luck with the sale!

·
Administrator
15,106 Posts
Ohhhhh a Hemi >:)

Sad to see your sell'n however I understand

Keep in touch
Mac

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have details (and hopefully pics) of how the Jeep earned it's "rebuilt" title?

Nope. Got screwed over by a cop name Craig LaMountain on Long Island, NY. He title washed from CT to NY then NV picked up on it when I purchased the Jeep. Even though I threatened to contact his captain he refused to communicate with me once I figured out the title had been washed. Craig LaMountain is that scum bags name and he is expected to protect and serve.

So...

4.1 t-case sold.

Engine and tranny.. asking $3,750
Jeep with Hemi/545RFE combo $14,999.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you mean title washed?

Also, what are JeePods?

Jeep was in an accident, repaired and issued a new rebuilt title in CT then the person I purchased the Jeep from purchased it and took it across state line to NY and had a way to get a clean title issued so when i purchased the Jeep it was sold to me as a 'clean' titled vehicle. I suspect the fact the guy was a LEO he had some sort of access the rest of us don't and was able to get that title cleared. Shady to say the least. When the Jeep arrived by trailer here in NV and I took the title in to transfer to our name we found out the bad news.. perfect Car Fax commercial opportunity. The minute Danielle called me from the NV DMV I was like OMG i did not pull a Car Fax report WTH was I thinking? Pulled the report and sure enough it had a warning on there that the title 'may have been washed from one state to another'. With that said the rig has a straight frame and the tub is in good condition, it's a good vehicle to build and put Dynatrac axles under.

JeePods are custom speaker pods I built that go in the factory locations on the roll cage. They house 6.5" coaxial speakers of your liking and the factory switch turns on interior LED lighting incorporated next to the speakers. They are paint matched to the vehicle but due to low interest and the cost of tooling i never moved forward with reproducing the units in mass quantity meaning only a few prototype units are floating around out there.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeep price is $12,950 as of this evening however it will be going up slightly once the rig is running which may be as early as this week. Hemi engine and 545rfe transmission are ready as well for an additional $3,600. $16,500 for everything.

*Nth Degree Mobility Stinger setup is pending sale once I get down to Reno and pull it out of storage so that part is most likely no longer available.

If anyone is interested in the JeePods I'm willing to pull them. Set is painted Light Khaki Metallic but of course can be repainted to your preference. Willing to let the pair go with LED lighting that works with factory switch for a grand which is a steal if you had any clue how much time and money went into building the pair. PM if interested.

Need to sell this rig. I have way too much stuff right now and we purchased a new car for the wife so it needs a good custodian. Plan at this point is to keep it up for sale but I will likely start to daily drive it until it sells once I get it running. Who knows?.. if I start driving it again I may not want to let it go so keep that in mind if you do have interest now.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's driving!

So we got all the electrical gremlins out of the system and a brand new computer installed at a cost of 1900 bucks. I got lucky too because it could have been much worse paying people that don't know what they are doing to try and fix things. The shop that did the work is called Presto Auto Electric and the guy was great to work with, really had my back and came through by delivering me what he said he could do.

I am asking $14,500 for the rig. Got the stereo installed this weekend and have been driving the rig now for a few days and it's good to have her going again. Get to park the Sierra K3500 fuel hog until this rig sells.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is that $14.5 with the Hemi etc?

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I received a solid offer on the Jeep but decided against accepting it. After contemplating I decided to order a LA upgrade kit among lots of other parts so looks like I'm probably going to keep the rig for a while longer. The LA conversion should give the rig some better lane manners and replacing the coils with the Nth ones I already have should make it less wobbly. Went with the Rough Country LA conversion/upgrade given it will work with the Nth skid (with some cutting of the skid) and the arms look somewhat similar to the Nth arms less they have moving joints vs gyro joints.

After daily driving the rig again I'm just having hard time letting go.

·
3,387 Posts
After daily driving the rig again I'm just having hard time letting go.

Glad to hear you're keeping it...the pictures are not loading.:wink2:

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,969 Posts
So lets see it with the Long arms :)

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So lets see it with the Long arms :)

Well I ended up returning the RC kit and purchased a new set of axles that are setup for the Savvy mid arm lift and new gearing. Mr Blaine has the axles and the plan is to take the rig down to his shop to get the suspension installed in June but unfortunately my business is shut down for the summer, it appears, and the economy is likely not going to support me well this summer even if things do open back up. Renting boats is not cheap and likely most will be glad they are working again and trying to get caught up on bills, not vacationing in Tahoe. The gravy on top was I have also been laid off two night jobs that assist in supporting my business and family so now I have no income. Been calling Nevada UI for three weeks now 60-80 times per day with no ability to get through to a person to file. I cannot file online because my income is partially self employed and Nevada is being decimated right now so it's impossible to get through to the unemployment offices. This is my first attempt ever to file a claim with unemployment. I have contacted the worthless Governor and I am taking a well underpaid job starting this Monday at a fraction of what I was making so we will see how that turns out. Needless to say the Jeep is probably not getting those axles installed for a while.

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
That's a tough situation, there's been so many people, small business and large businesses hurt, lives upended, etc. I hope we get back to mostly normal in two or three weeks. Maybe there will be pent up demand for people to play on the lake and celebrate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts