Rubicon Owners Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Got the Jeep back today.
$2750 + tax was the total for gears, install kit, locker, and labor.

I purchased the ARB pump separately which was $300 plus a $17 custom switch.

With tax I’m at about $3300.

I have to admit installing the ARB pump and wiring was time consuming but that was due to me wanting things done a specific way.

Left to do:
1. Test front locker
2. Plumb air line
3. Wire solenoid

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Everything works! I managed to keep a factory look and use the factory locker switch to make everything work. I can’t engage the front locker on its own because of the Jeep’s logic, but that’s ok - it’s not a priority. Thanks for all the help. Glad the saga is closed.

Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Vehicle

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Window

Hand Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Finger

·
Administrator
12,079 Posts
I think Advance Adapters sells (or sold) a locker bypass kit so you can engage only the front locker. It's really helpful in some situations to just have the front locked.

Reactions: Mouse

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
You just need to install 2 separate switches and tap into some wires on the existing controller. Thankfully this webpage is still available
[I downloaded it just in case it ever goes away.]
This is the section you need
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Slope
t

I literally just did this less than a month ago, and can't believe I waited longer than a year to do it.
It is so useful.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
To be honest I haven’t done it because I don’t have a spot for another factory looking switch. However, my rear defrost doesn’t work so maybe I’ll put it there…

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
I put 2 round switches where your Sahara Sticker is
But since I no longer have a hard top, I would like to see about using the 2 stock switch locations from the left.
Looks like those are available via Amazon. I am going to have to look into that.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts